Okay the format for this post is gonna be really screwed up (damn you WordPress).
Today’s makeup is inspired by the clothes my friend Audrey wore yesterday. (See http://fashionspoon.wordpress.com/2013/04/23/shades-of-pink/ for the look) So I went for soft browns, golds and pinks.
You can still see how I swatched Maybelline Fierce and Tangy on my hand (the orange stain in the photo above).
You can see in the last photo how pink eyeshadow was applied in the inner corner of the eye, followed by orange + gold, followed by brown.
How I got the look:
Note: All Urban Decay products listed here are from the limited edition Glinda palette.
1) Primed the face and eyes, waited for the makeup to settle in.
2) Applied Urban Decay Magic (pink-lavender with a gold sheen) into the inner third of the eye.
3) Swiped Maybelline 24 Hour Tattoo in Fierce & Tangy (matte orange cream) from the pot onto my finger, swirled it on my hand to warm it up. Then I used a brush to apply it along the rest of the lid. I find it helps to warm up the product rather than apply it directly from the pot with a brush.
4) Applied MAC Mulch (dark brown with a satin finish) in the crease and the outer ‘V’ of the eye in order to give it a bit more depth.
5) Patted Urban Decay Oz (gold shimmer) onto the lid to give it a little more dimension. (Which is why the makeup looks more gold than orange)
6) Used Urban Decay Aura (pink iridescence) onto the brow bone as a highlight, as well as the inner corners of the eye.
7) Took an angled brush and lined my lower lashline, first with MAC Mulch, then Maybelline Fierce & Tangy.
8) Took a liquid eyeliner and lined the upper and lower lashline.
9) Applied lots of mascara.
10) Applied BB cream on the face.
11) Darkened the brows with an eyebrow pencil very slightly.
12) Swept MAC Born To Love (coral blush) onto the cheeks.
13) Patted MAC Soft & Gentle (shimmery champagne on top of the blush as a highlight. (That’s what gives the cheeks such a lovely gold in the photos.)
14) Buffed translucent finishing powder on the face.
15) Used MAC CB96 (coral with gold shimmer) on the lips.
And that’s the look for today. =)
The various eyeshadows I used:
Urban Decay Magic, Maybelline Fierce & Tangy
MAC Mulch, Urban Decay Oz (used the gold shimmer)
Urban Decay Aura, blue and pink iridescence when swatched on the skin (though it doesn’t look it in the pan. (Here I circled the the wrong colour, the beigey one is the pink iridescence which I used.)