Took me a while to figure out what to wear for today. I dug out an eyeshadow I’ve not used in a very long time (MAC Pink Union) and ended up with this.
It kind of reminds of this photograph of lavender flowers.
(In retrospect, I should have used a silver lipgloss like Bobbi Brown’s Firefly instead.)
He-fe as the Instagram filter. I really like the filter – it brings up the colour saturation.
MAC Pink Union from the ‘Chen Man Love & Water’ Collection in 2012. I used the marbled side, applied with a damp brush.
I love the promotional picture’s makeup.
My Urban Decay Glinda palette. Used all three shades on the left (except the half gold one.)
How I got the look:
1) Prime the eye (I used MAC Paint Pot Bare Study, which is a shimmery beige.)
2) Applied MAC Pink Union (the pink marbled side) with a damp brush (for greater intensity) all over the eye.
3) Applied Urban Decay Tornado (the deep purple shade from the Glinda palette) to the outer ‘V’ of the eye.
4) Blended Tornado with Urban Decay South (the grey shimmer shade) up to the brow bone.
5) Applied Urban Decay Oz (the silver microglitter) to the inner third of the eye.
6) Applied a thin layer of liquid liner.
7) Applied mascara.
8) BB cream all over the face.
9) MAC Warm Soul on the cheek.
10) MAC Soft & Gentle patted very lightly on the apples of the cheeks.
11) Translucent finishing powder.
12) Used a nude lip liner to fill in the lips.
13) Applied MAC Baby Bloom Lipglass (golden rosy colour).
Edit: Took my own advice. After the lipliner and gloss wore off, I applied a clear lip balm and Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lipgloss in Firefly. This is a gloss with a clear base, with lots and lots of wonderful shimmery silver flecks in it. I love the formula; it’s goes on smoothly on the lips, it’s sparkly and shimmery but not gritty.
Eyeshadow after six hours, it hasn’t been touched up. Unfortunately, the gloss isn’t captured in the photo.
Using Instagram Lo-Fi filter.