So I bought this awesome lace dress with leather details from Saturday Club http://saturdayclub.com/All/167-lace-leather-dress . I figured the makeup to go with it has to be soft and ethereal and at the same time, punkish, to go with the leather details.
How I got the look:
1) I started with the kohl. I used MAC Smolder all over the eye, concentrating on the lower lashlines. Then I used a makeup wipe to wipe off the bits I didn’t want, which would leave a perfect black ring around the eye. (Like how after you try to scrub off your eye makeup at the end of the day it always end up in this perfect line around your lashline.)
2) MAC Bare Study applied all over the lid as a base.
3) Using a damp fluffy eye brush, I applied the marbled side of MAC Pink Union all over the lid
4) Using a smaller damp fluffy brush, I applied the darker purple to the outer ‘V’ of the eye
5) Applied mascara.
6) BB cream all over the face.
7) I used MAC Born To Love (coral blush with pink undertones) very lightly on the apples of the cheeks.
8) I dusted Guerlain Meteorites Illuminating and Mattifying Pressed Powder in Teint Beige all over the face as a finishing powder. This is my most expensive makeup product to date but it is wonderful. It mattifies my skin and leaves the loveliest glow. www.temptalia.com describes it as ‘Photoshop in real life’.
9) Used Urban Decay Glinda Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour on the lips, which is a glossy pink nude.
Photographs of the various products I used:
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study. It’s a light beige with pink undertones.
MAC Pink Union from the Chen Man Love & Water Collection.
MAC Born to Love blush from 2012’s Divine Desire holiday kit. I’ll describe it as a salmon coral, with pink rather than orange being the main undertone.
Guerlain Meteorites Illuminating and Mattifying Pressed Powder in Teint Beige
I used the Lo-fi filter for the Instagram shots.