Last week, I did a look called ‘Purple Punk’ https://natzisstash.wordpress.com/2013/05/03/purple-punk/, which I wore with a white lace dress with leather details. I wanted something punkish, and at the same time, soft, to match the dress.
Today I wore the same dress, and choose to play up my lips instead. I went back to MAC Hang Up. For my eyes, I was inspired by the following look:
Screenshot from from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78hjQRzx4jo
While researching on different kinds of purple for my post on shades of purples yesterday (see https://natzisstash.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/shades-of-purple/) I saw this backstage sort-of tutorial for a runway look Australian makeup artist Rae Morris did for a fashion show. It’s just gold eye shadow all over the eye, and a little bit of brown shadow in the crease to contour the look slightly. She uses a false eyelash on the upper eye and liquid liner, but leaves the bottom eye bare.
How I got the look:
1) MAC Paint Pot Rubensque (pink and gold cream eye shadow) as a primer on the whole eyelid
2) I mixed the gold glitter eye shadows from both my Urban Decay Theodora and Glinda palettes (Spell from Theodora and Oz from Glinda) and patted the glitter on the eyelid
3) I used Beware (second shade on the top of the Theodora palette, matte caramel brown) to contour the eye
4) I used Broken (first shade on the Theodora palette, light matte beige) on the brow bone as a highlight colour
5) Applied a thin layer of liquid liner
6) Mascara on the top lashes only
7) Applied BB cream to the face
8) Applied a very light dusting of MAC Dainty to the apples of the cheeks (pink with a light gold sheen)
9) Applied Guerlain Meteorites Pressed Powder Compact in Teint Beige as a finishing powder to keep the skin matte.
10) Applied MAC Hang Up (deep purple) to my lips.
Note: I’m typing this post about twelve hours after applying my makeup. The makeup is still fairly intact, the gold shimmer (which I thought would fade) is still there, this despite getting wet in the rain and everything. And my skin isn’t too oily. MAC Paint Pots are amazing primer. The only thing that’s gone is the lipstick, which I’ve only reapplied once after lunch, and didn’t bother with that after dinner.
Urban Decay Glinda palette on the left, Urban Decay Theodora palette on the right
And of course, the lipstick: MAC Hang Up
As you can see, the colour on the lids is quite subtle; all the emphasis is on the lips.
Instagram pictures as usual. I used Hefe as the filter.
By the way, I’m also on Facebook! Please ‘Like’ my page on https://www.facebook.com/natzisstash for updates, and my posting random links to makeup editorials, tutorials, and other stuff.