This post is extremely overdue.
So I’ve been nominated for a few blogging awards over the last month, but I haven’t actually responded to these awards (I am so sorry, to all those who nominated me). So I’ve gotten the “Lovely blogger” award, the “Super Sweet blogger award” as well as the “Shine-on award”.
I have to say, I am so glad I started up a blog on WordPress. The makeup community here has been nothing but lovely since I’ve started here. ❤ Love you guys.
SUPER SWEET BLOGGER AWARD
I was nominated by Amanda from makeupwithkokerface for the Super Sweet Blogger Award.
For the Super Sweet Blogging Award, you have to:
1. Thank the Super Sweet Blogger who nominated you. (Thank you Amanda!)
2. Answer 5 Super Sweet Questions.
3. Include the Super Sweet Blogging Award image in your blog post.
4. Nominate a baker’s dozen other bloggers.
5. Notify the nominees of their nomination on their blog.
1. Cookies or cake? Cake. Red velvet and cream cheese, cheesecakes, strawberry cakes, apple cakes, mm. I think it’s because it’s harder to find good quality cookies in Singapore than good quality cakes though.
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla. It just goes well with everything, most amazing Haagan Daaz ice cream flavours are actually vanilla with lots of stuff mixed in, like nuts, brittle, and chocolate chips, etc.
3. Favourite sweet treat? Mm. I can’t decide, I really can’t. Cupcakes, ice cream, chocolate, it really depends on what I feel like at that point.
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? I… really don’t know. Usually after seeing a beautifully decorated cupcake, I guess.
5. Sweet Nickname: I think the closest I’ve ever gotten would be ‘Sunshine’ (from Sak) and Nat-Nat (from Olga).
LOVELY BLOGGER AWARD
So Maria nominated me for the Lovely Blogger award.
Rules of the award:
- Thank the person (or lovely girls) who nominated you
- Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post
- Share 7 things about you
- Pass the award to seven nominees
- Inform the nominees by posting on their blogs
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Link the award back to the person who nominated you by thanking them
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award, and let them know you’ve nominated them
Okay as you can see, especially for the latter two awards, a lot of the conditions coincide. So I’m going to just amalgamate all the nominations and information on myself into one post.
SO STUFF ABOUT ME
1) When it comes to thinking about a career, I am still like a six-year-old – I want to do everything; setting up a centre to teach creative writing, public speaking, drama, debates etc., going into the makeup industry and working at MAC, becoming a beauty editor, or going into drama therapy, that kinda thing. And I still want to be a published writer even though I haven’t written a short story in ages.
2) I love the spoken word poet Sarah Kay. If you haven’t seen her presentation at TED Talks, do.
3) I write fanfiction, and have been doing it since I was twelve. I think it’s good practice for cleaning up my writing skills. (Now to actually start writing on something original.)
4) I love books labelled ‘children’s books’. Still read them. I just bought and finished Neil Gaiman’s selected anthology ‘Unnatural Creatures’. Love it.
5) I want to work for either a movie set or a theatre production with either period or fantastical styled costumes. Just so I can touch those costumes.
6) I wear makeup not to conceal blemishes or enhance my features with a natural look (which is why I rarely ever wear natural makeup) but because I love colour. So you’ll almost always see me spotting some dramatic colour either on the eyes or lips.
7) One pet peeve I have when it comes to makeup is the idea of ‘heavy’ makeup. I deliberately buy pigmented stuff so I don’t have to layer products over each other to get the colour I want. And I’ve done stage makeup, so I know what ‘heavy’ makeup is. It just annoys me that people immediately say I’m wearing ‘thick’ lipstick when I have a single layer of a very dark or bright colour, or ‘heavy’ eye makeup because I have purple eyeshadow on.
I’m just gonna nominate a bunch of people who have not been awarded, as far as I know. The above people who nominated me are all in the same circle of blogs, so I’ll like to introduce some new bloggers into this circle. =)
So all the people below are nominated for the Lovely Blogger award.
- Audrey from Fashionspoon is an Australian based fashion blogger. She has the most amazing outfits.
- Biasmuch is a Singaporean based beauty blogger, check her out. =)
- Beautyndbest‘s makeup blog is really informative, with great reviews, DIY tips and stuff.
- Francine is a makeup artist from the Philippines, with amazing photos within each post that just make reading her blog a pleasure.
- Kae is a makeup artist and hairstylist, I love looking at her posts, they’re extremely informative.
- Michelle‘s beauty blog is always a fun read. =)
- Rachel from Cherchezbeaute is another Singaporean based beauty blogger. She’s incredibly informed on beauty products and regimes, and I bow to her wisdom for this.
- Sarah is an amazing UK based fashion blogger. Check out her awesome outfits.
Here’s a shout out again to the lovely bloggers who nominated me: