Smoky eyes (for day) along with raspberry lips for today. I added a hint of gold to brighten up the look.
The trick to using smoky eyes for day is to keep the rest of the makeup clean. For instance, I didn’t line the entirety of my eye, like I did here, when I had smoky eyes for a formal dinner. Also, while I did have a darker lip, it wasn’t anything very overwhelming. There’s something about Revlon’s Lip Butters, they’re pigmented, but not entirely opaque; some of your natural lip colour still comes through.
1) MAC Prep + Primer eye primer, applied on the lids to set for five minutes. Meanwhile I did the rest of my makeup.
2) Used my Kabuki brush to apply Painted Earth Luminous Coconut Oil Pressed Mineral Foundation in Sandy Beige
3) Used MAC Warm Soul to contour the cheek
4) Applied Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie
5) Then I used Painted Earth Super Silky Butterfly Palette in Botany. I applied the light khaki colour (sheer khaki) all over the lid, then used the olive green (which looks more like brown) on the outer two third of the eye. Then I used the deep green (which comes out more like black) on the crease of the eye. I applied the highlight colour (luminious glowing cream) on the brow bone and on the inner bit of the eye. The result was a muddy mess of colours. [Note: If I had swatched this palette in a store, I would not have bought it.]
6) Applied Milani Liquid Eye in Graphite (deep glossy black) on the upper lash line, and the outer two thirds of the lower lash line.
7) Applied L’oreal HIP Chrome eyeliner in Gold Charge (metallic gold) on the lower lash line
8) Used Painted Earth mascara
Painted Earth Super Silky Butterfly Palette in Botany. I am extremely disappointed with this palette and will write a more detailed post on why at the end of the day. Colours (especially the dark forest green) aren’t true to the pan.
Edit: Click here for the review on the palette.
That is not green. That is not green at all.
I used Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie. Despite all the reviews I read about it, it’s a lot more pigmented than I expect (yay!). It’s name is an accurate description – it’s a deep raspberry colour, a currant red with very very slight purple tones. Image from http://www.drugstore.com/revlon-colorburst-lip-butter-raspberry-pie/qxp387950
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie
I really like the gold eyeliner at the lower lash line
MAC Warm Soul used to contour the cheek
And today’s outfit.
Romper from http://www.saturdayclub.com
White sandals from Charles & Keith
Earrings from Swarovski
I love love love this romper. It’s extremely comfortable, well-lined (don’t have to worry about any part being translucent!) It’s flattering too, I think, and best of all, (this is something I look out for when buying my outfits) it actually has pockets. Yay!
The usual Instagram post. Instant photoshop for the skin.
If you liked the post, please like my Facebook page for more updates and posts!