So I’ll be heading off to watch Wicked in a few hours. ^^ I’ve watched it before in Singapore, but there are discounted tickets, so at $40, of course I’m going down again. =)
Obviously, I’m going to have to greenify myself. I went with smoky green eyes, contoured cheeks but not too much of a pinky blush colour, and nude lips to balance the eyes.
Cheeks – you can’t really see the highlight colour, but I contoured pretty heavily
You can see the swatch, the second one on the right
Painted Earth Super Silky Butterfly Palette in Botany – I used three out of the colours, the white highlighter, the light khaki next to it, and the dark green below.
Note: I actually managed to get this palette to work. Remember my rant on it here where I complained that the dark green wasn’t green but grey? I realised that when applied over a green base, the green colours tend to show up better. Obviously, you shouldn’t have to work so much to get a true-to-pan colour but at least there’s one way to get it to work.
Painted Earth Complete Face Palette in Bronze – I used the highlighter colour on the cheekbones, the big beige thing on the right
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
How I got the look:
1) I applied Maybelline 24 Hour Tattoo in Edgy Emerald on the lid of the eye, blending it up to the crease
2) I used Jordona Eye Liner in Seagreen and lined the eye, and drew a rectangle shape, along the outer third of the eye and then the crease. Then I used a pencil brush to blend it out to get a gradient of green, along the upper lashline and the crease. I used the same eyeliner to line my lower lashline
3) I used the Painted Earth Super Silky Butterfly Palette and applied the dark green along the crease, the outer two thirds of the eye and the upper lashline, and then blended it out to get the smoky effect, blending it out.
4) I applied the light khaki green on the middle of the eye to get an iridescent effect
5) I applied the highlight colour along the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye to give more dimension to the look
6) Applied MAC Smolder (black kohl) to the upper and lower lashline
7) Applied Painted Earth mascara to the lashes
8) To get the strong brows, I used NYX brow pencil in black to pencil in my brows and then brushed petroleum jelly through my brows so they’d stay in shape
9) Applied Maybelline BB Watergel to the face
10) Applied Painted Earth Luminious Coconut Oil Pressed Mineral Foundation over that to set the watergel
11) Contoured my cheeks with MAC Warm Soul
12) Highlighted my cheeks with the Painted Earth Complete Face palette
13) Applied Hourglass Ambient Lighting in Diffused Light to set the makeup
14) Applied Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Creme Brulee to the lips
Outfit of the day
Hat from some random street vendor
Pleather jacket from Esprit (in case it’s warm in the theatre)
Black toga dress from Texas Red
Belt from Far East Plaza
Red flats from Rubi
If you liked the post, please like my Facebook page for more updates and posts!