No, I didn’t go for a tan or anything like that. I did however, try out OCC’s lip tar, ‘Authentic’. Full review on Temptalia is up here, for better quality photos. I applied a small amount on the lips, and it turned out slightly less bronzed than in the photos on the Temptalia site, but is still a deeper colour than what’s seen in the close up photo below. Can’t seem to get a proper colour for some reason.
Going for the opening dinner of debate tournament in Malaysia. I forgot to pack one more fancy dress (there are four black-tie dinners for this tournament!) so I just pulled out one of my day dresses to use as a ‘cultural’ dress. It’s oriental looking enough. I decided to use my OCC Authentic lip tar, which is a beautiful bronzy colour and coordinated the rest of the makeup with it. The result is a very subtle browned look.
I contoured my cheek successfully. Yay.
1) MAC Bare Study applied all over the lid as a base, all the way up to the brow bone
2) The middle brown colour of my Painted Earth Comeplete Face Palette in Bronze (see photo below) was applied with a fluffy brush for a soft wash of colour, and then blended out at the edges
3) MAC Dazzlelight (frosty, but not too frosty, beige white with warm undertones. It’s a less frosty version of Nylon) applied to the inner corners of the eye
4) Applied L’oreal HIP Chrome eyeliner in Gold Charge (metallic gold) on the lower lash line
5) Applied Bobbi Brown Shimmer Ink in Twilight Night (shimmery grey) on the upper lashline with a stiff angled brush
6) Applied the Painted Earth mascara
7) Used my Kabuki brush to apply Painted Earth Luminous Coconut Oil Pressed Mineral Foundation in Sandy Beige
8) Contoured my cheeks with MAC Warm Soul (peachy bronze with gold pearl) with my MAC 168SE (Large contour brush. I love this brush so much, it creates the perfect contour.)
9) Brushed on lots of MAC Soft and Gentle (shimmery champagne) on the apples of my cheeks to highlight them
10) Applied OCC Authentic (metallic copper with orangey gold shimmer) on my lips with a lip brush
Note: I didn’t do anything for my brows in the photo, but I realised how messy they looked after, and patted some petroleum jelly on top to straighten them out.
Used the middle brown colour here
Dress from www.saturdayclub.com
If you liked this post, please check out my Facebook page for more!