I haven’t done an interesting eye look on myself for awhile, so I put some on today. I don’t know how to describe this look. It reminds me of a flower, though I’m not sure exactly what flower. Something with soft colours and softer petals. Although some people would prefer this as a night look, I think it’s subtle enough for day. I really like how the complexity of the colours on the lid turned out in the end.
(Eye products mostly from the Urban Decay Limited Edition Glinda palette)
1) Applied Urban Decay South (shimmery grey taupe) on the lid, stopping at the crease
2) Applied Urban Decay Oz (silver microglitter) on the inner third of the eye
3) Lined the upper lashline with Urban Decay Rockstar (eggplant purple)
4) Used Urban Decay Tornado (deep purple, that I notice looks slightly grey if not layered) on a pencil brush to blend the purple liner
5) Applied MAC Blacktrack (black gel) with an angled brush on the upper lashline, and the outer two thirds of the lower lashline
6) Used a Kabuki brush to apply Painted Earth Luminious Coconut Oil Pressed Mineral Foundation in Sandy Beige on the face
7) Applied MAC Ripe for Love (orange coral) on the cheeks for some subtle colour
8) Dusted the face with Hourglass Ambient Powder in Mood Light to set the makeup and give a soft glowy sheen
9) Applied Bobbi Brown Pot Rogue in Raspberry on the lips with my finger for some soft colour
Very soft lip colour here, nothing overwhelming or striking, but definitely not a ‘nude’ lip look.
You can kind of see the cheek colour here. I rarely use a heavy blush because I don’t want it to overwhelm either the eyes or lips, it’s mostly to make sure that I don’t look dead after applying foundation.
This photo was taken by accident – I love the blurry effect here, along with the light and the way my hair is flying around, lol.
If you liked the post, please like my Facebook page for more updates and posts!