This is a great look for night. It’s complex and pretty enough to get you a second glance, but it’s not uncomfortably dramatic. It’s because it still has a soft side I suppose, despite being on the ‘edgier’ side, as far as makeup goes.
I used the Urban Decay Theodora palette to do the makeup for the eyes.
I used all the shades except for the green one (Envy). From left to right: Broken, Beware, Bewitched, West, Envy, Spell.
I am loving using gold eyeshadow in the inner corners of the eyes, it perks up the look beautifully.
1) I used a fluffy brush and placed UD Broken (pale matte beige) on the entire lid, all the way up to the brow bone. This lightens the colour of the lid and makes the other colours you put on pop more. Also, you’ve just highlighted your brow bone so you don’t have to do anything after that
2) I used UD Beware (matte caramel brown) on the lid
3) I used UD Bewitched (satin grey brown) on the outer V of the eye to give it more depth
4) Taking an angled liner brush, I lined my upper lashline with UD West (satin red brown). I did the same for the outer two thirds of the lower lashline. It’s okay if you smudge it slightly on the lowerlashline
5) I then used the black half of UD Spell (black shimmer) to line the upper lashline and lower lashline, this time keeping extremely close to the lashline so you can still see a cloud of brown along it. That’s what creates the soft fluffy effect
6) This was when I thought that though it looked pretty, the makeup just looked flat. I used a pencil brush and applied the gold half of UD Spell (deep yellow gold microglitter) and applied this to the inner third of the eye, as well as the lower corners
On the rest of the face
1) Painted Earth Luminious Coconut Oil Pressed Mineral Foundation in Sandy Beige
2) I brushed MAC Ripe for Love (orange coral) on my cheeks
3) Hourglass Ambient Powder in Mood Light to set the makeup
1) Korres Lip Butter in Wild Rose to prime the lips, and which also leaves a lovely subtle red tinge
2) Bobbi Brown Pot Rogue in Raspberry (raspberry red tint) on the lips
Note: I’ve left most of my makeup in school, but I think MAC Ruby Woo (matte red) or the Urban Decay Super Saturated Lip Colour in Theodora (glossy blue red, which came with the Theodora palette) would look better on the lips. A red like the Sephora Long Lasting Lip Cream in Always Red (bright matte red) would overwhelm the eyeshadow. Ah well, I’ll just make do with what I have.
If you liked this post, please like my Facebook page for more regular updates and links to other sites and posts!