Closeup of the eyes and lips. I especially love the lips for this look.
Outfit of the day
My dress is not one you would typically wear for day, it’s more like a clubbing dress; black lace top, a jewel blue short skirt with a peplum detail. As such, I knew I had to tone down my makeup to ensure I didn’t look OTT.
Eyes (Used mostly the Glinda palette, with the black shadow from the Theodora palette)
1) MAC Paint Pot Rubensque (gold beige cream) on the lid as a base
2) I used a fluffy brush and blended UD South (satin grey taupe) on the lid
3) I used a pencil brush and patted UD Oz (silver micro glitter) on the inner third of the eye
4) Applied UD Spell (black micro glitter)
5) Applied UD Aura (blue shimmer) on the brow bone
6) Lined the eyes with black liquid liner on the upper lashline and outer third of the lower lashline
7) Applied Painted Earth mascara
1) Dusted Painted Earth Luminious Coconut Oil Pressed Mineral Foundation in Sandy Beige all over the face
2) Brushed MAC Ripe for Love (salmon coral) on the apples of the cheeks
3) Set the face with Hourglass Ambient Powder in Mood Light
1) Applied UD Supersaturated Highgloss Lip Colour in Theodora (glossy blue red) and blotted it, leaving a red stain on the lips
2) I used OCC lip tar in Authentic (burnished bronze with orange gold shimmer) and layered it on top of the red stain. This mean the lip tar was darker, with a redder tinge that showed off the shimmer better. I really really really liked the way the lips had turned out (I had initially wanted to use a bold red lip, but the makeup looked too dramatic, more suited for night than day.)
If you liked this post, please like my Facebook page for more updates and links to other awesome things!