So although today’s a beautiful sunny day (it hasn’t gotten too warm yet, yay!) somehow the lighting in my room is still awesome I mean just look at the photos below there are no filters. They look so much nicer than the ones I took when I was at home and struggling to get the colours turn out the way I wanted too.
Anyway, I’ve been planning to do a more colourful look for a while now. Bright blue eyeliner really helps a standard neutral eye pop, just look at the closeup pictures below.
At first, I was a little at loss on what to do for my lip. I was initially planning to wear a coral or pink lipgloss, but I realised that it wouldn’t fit very well with the eyes (I dunno, mixing something as shiny and metallic and this one with gloss is a little strange). I’m really pleased with how it all turned out, I hope you like it too!
I’m really pleased with the lipstick colour. I’ve been meaning to buy MAC’s Mineralize lipstick in Style Surge for a while now, and I don’t have to now, because this is a similar enough colour, and I love the finish of it. It’s like a creamy matte.
How I did my makeup
Urban Decay eyeshadows are from the Theodora palette
1) Maybelline 24 Hour Tattoo in Bold Gold (dark metallic gold), applied on the eyelid, up to se crease as a base
2) From my Coastal Scents 41 Doublestack Shimmer palette, I chose an apricot colour and then applied on my lid stopping below the crease, leaving just a little space where Bold Gold pokes through
3) I used Urban Decay West (dark red brown) to the outer third of the eye to contour the look slightly
4) I used Urban Decay Spell (dark yellow gold microglitter) on the eye inner third of the eye
5) Then I took an angled liner brush and applied Maybelline 24 Hour Tattoo in Tenacious Teal (bright aqua blue) to the upper lashline of the eye
6) Applied Painted Earth mascara to my lashes
1) Painted Earth Luminious Coconut Oil Pressed Mineral Foundation in Sandy Beige was applied with a Kabuki brush
2) I used MAC Dainty (pretty pastel pink) on the apples of my cheeks
3) I used MAC Warm Soul (beige bronze with gold pearl) to very lightly contour my cheekbones
4) Hourglass Ambient Powder in Diffused Light (this is supposed to imitate the glow of morning light) to set the makeup
I mixed lip tars from OCC again! New combination this time
1) I used OCC Clockwork (orange coral cream, but with fairly peachy undertones) on my lips, then blotted them to wipe away the excess colour
2) I then applied OCC Androgyne (bright orange with strong yellow undertones with a subtle glossy translucent finish) on top to get the colour you see on the photos. The finish of the two lip tars mixed together is more like a cream than a gloss
My fantastic dress is from www.saturdayclub.com
I used the apricot eyeshadow you see on the second row, third from the right
Urban Decay West is the first eyeshadow on the second row. Spell is the black and gold duo eyeshadow, I used the gold bit.
Have a great day everyone!
If you liked this post, check out my Facebook page for more updates and links!