So I read in a magazine yesterday that the ancient Egyptians used black kohl on their top lashlines and green paint on their lower lashes. I thought that sounded pretty, so I just had to try it out!
I’m adjudicating for a debate tournament for secondary school and high school kids today, so I figured it was okay if I put on makeup that made me look older.
I basically was inspired by what I read about the Egyptian makeup (clearly) but I toned down the cat eye somewhat so I didn’t look like I was off to a costume party. I used a gold eyeliner on top – because I always associate gold paint with Egyptian makeup for some reason – and used a lot of green eyeliner on the lower lashline. I paired this with a bright lip colour so it didn’t look too goth.
Tip: Q-tips dipped in makeup remover are really helpful in helping you create the flick of the cat eye
1) I used MAC Paint Pot in Rubensque (peachy gold) on the eyelid as a base
2) I took an angled liner brush and lined my eye with MAC Blacktrack (black gel liner)
3) I then applied L’oreal HIP Chrome eyeliner in Gold Charge (metallic gold) on the top of the black gel liner, so that it covered the rest of my lid space, stopping below the crease
4) I then took Jordona Eye Liner in Sea Green (teal pencil) and lined my lower lashes
5) I applied Painted Earth mascara to my lashes
1) Painted Earth Luminious Coconut Oil Pressed Mineral Foundation in Sandy Beige was applied with a Kabuki brush
2) I used MAC Ripe for Love (orange coral) on the apples of my cheeks
3) I used MAC Warm Soul (beige bronze with gold pearl) to very lightly contour my cheekbones
4) Hourglass Ambient Powder in Diffused Light (this is supposed to imitate the glow of morning light) to set the makeup
1) I applied OCC Androgyne (bright orange with strong yellow undertones with a subtle glossy translucent finish) on the lips
2) I then blotted my lips, and applied Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lipgloss in Canary on top (gold shimmer on a very very pale translucent yellow base) which gave a glossy shimmery finish
I hope you liked this look as much as I did. =) Which part of Egyptian makeup do you like the best? The colour? Or the shape?
If you liked the post, please like my Facebook page for more updates and posts!