It’s a hot sunny day, so I decided to pull out my orange dress and match my eye makeup to it.
I was initially going to use an orange or coral lipstick, but I realised that I’ve been wearing a lot of those types of colours on the lip over the last week. I went with OCC Authentic instead, which is a bronze colour, with orange undertones. It at least lends some kind of contrast with the rest of the makeup, while still complementing the rest of the colour scheme.
1) Maybelline 24 Hour Paint Pot in Fierce and Tangy (matte orange) on the eye
2) I took Urban Decay West (dark red brown satin) and applied it along the crease with an angled liner brush. Then I lined the upper lashline and flicked it out at the end in the cat’s eye you see in the photos. I then lined the lower lashline with the same eyeshadow
3) I used Urban Decay Spell (gold microglitter) and applied it in the inner corners of the eye to add more dimension to the look
4) I applied Urban Decay Broken (matte pale beige) to the browbone
5) I applied Maybelline’s The Falsies mascara. I hadn’t realised that it had dried out, which is why my eyelashes look a little clumpy. I forgot how much longer my lashes look with them on though, as compared to using my Painted Earth mascara
1) I applied Painted Earth Luminous Coconut Oil Pressed Mineral Foundation with a Kabuki brush
2) I used MAC Born to Love (pink coral) blush on the apples of my cheeks
3) I set my makeup with Guerlain Metorite Illuminating and Mattifying Pressed Powder Compact in Teint Beige
I’m using OCC Lip Tar in Authentic, which I applied with a lip brush. It’s a deep burnished bronze with orange shimmer
I took a lot of pictures for this look, because I wasn’t entirely sure what kind of expression suited it.
If you liked the post, please like my Facebook page for more updates and posts!