So I saw this post on Fall makeup trends the other day and shared it on my Facebook page. A friend of mine liked the last image a lot, and asked me to try out a look with orange eyeshadow. I said I’d give it a go.
The image in question
The main features of the look are the strong eyebrows, and the pale monochromatic peach on pale skin. The eyebrows are especially important I think, in keeping the look fresh and not just looking like a corpse. I already have thick eyebrows, so that part is easy. I decided to use my MAC Ripe for Love blush as both an eyeshadow and a blush to get that monochromatism. I’ve applied the eyeshadow not as a pale wash, but with a couple of layers because the colour is beautiful and it just looks better that way. I’m not a fan of the dead lips look either, especially since I look like a corpse whenever I lack sleep (which is most of the time anyway). Also, my lips seem ruddier today than usual for some reason, and there is no way I’d be able to get it to that colour. So I slicked on some peach coloured lipstick instead.
The colour palette. From left to right: MAC Ripe for Love (blush + eyeshadow), MAC In a Heartbeat (lipstick from the Divine Desire 2012 collection, MAC Soft and Gentle (the champagne shimmer, if you squint really hard)
The products I used.
On the eyes:
1) I used NYX Jumbo Pencil in Cashmere (soft champagne gold) as a base
2) Using a fluffy brush, I applied Ripe for Love on my lid, blending it upward
3) I lined my upper lashline with liquid liner
4) I filled in my brows with the NYX brow pencil, and then combed it down with petroleum jelly
On the face:
1) I used my MAC loose powder (which I haven’t touched in ages) and applied it on my face with a Kabuki brush
2) I applied MAC Ripe for Love on my cheeks liberally
3) I applied MAC Soft and Gentle on the apples of my cheeks
4) I set the makeup with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light
1) I applied MAC In a Heartbeat (peachy coral) on my lips
It’s about to rain, and there’s just this natural hazy glow when I use the front camera (ie. the camera that isn’t as good) on my iPhone.
The photos below are using the back camera, and the images are much crisper.
I love the monochromaticness of this. Also, the very very subtle sheen from Soft and Gentle.
Took this one by accident. I love it.
What do you think? Which do you prefer, the paler original or my version? Would you try this out?
If you liked the post, please like my Facebook page for more updates and posts on beauty-related things!