You know your skin is terrible when you break out the liquid foundation that you usually reserve for stage makeup. I spritzed my foundation brush with some water so it applied a little more sheer, but still. It’s the acne that usually comes just before the period, but it’s bad enough that I’m not going to pack any makeup with me this weekend (as counterintuitive as that sounds) so my skin can breathe and heal on its own.
So I have a presentation in a couple of hours. I need to look, well, presentable, polished and put together (no outlandish makeup here). But me being me, I still want colour.
Neutral eyes + colourful lips is going to always be my favourite combination.
1) I applied Urban Decay Tease (matte chalky grey brown) on the lid with a fluffy brush.
2) I then patted chopper (peachy gold shimmer) on top, very lightly to get some dimension
3) I then used Snakebite (shimmery brown) to contour the V
4) I used MAC Photograuve (matte dark brown) to line my upper lashline, and the outer two thirds of my lower lashline, very lightly
5) I used my Painted Earth mascara on my upper lashes
1) I used a damp foundation brush and applied Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation (Porcelain) on the face
2) I then dusted Painted Earth Luminious Coconut Oil Pressed Mineral Foundation lightly to set it
3) I used my Catrice Concealer for my dark circles – the salmon colour to brighten it up and patted the light colour on top
4) Buffed Benefit Coralista (pink coral with gold sheen) into my cheeks
5) Used MAC Prep + Prime Finishing Powder to set the makeup
The end result was the lovely brightened pink with gold shimmer you see below
If you liked the post, please like my Facebook page for more updates and posts on beauty-related things!