I’ve jumped on the bandwagon a little late, as always. But better late than never!
So here are my favourite products from 2013, all of them highly recommended (the UD palettes are the only ones here that are limited edition).
- Kabuki brush – this one is from Painted Earth, and is my first Kabuki brush. I love it – it’s dense and fluffy, and it doesn’t shed. Its dramatically changed the way I’ve done my makeup. I now buff my lesser-pigmented blushes into my skin, I love it for my powder foundation and how everything always looks so natural, rather than product settling on top of the skin *shudder*
- Urban Decay Grindhouse Double Barrel Sharpener – I love this. It always get my pencils to exactly the right sharpness, and of course the large barrel is the perfect fit for my Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Pencils.
- Urban Decay Glinda and Theodora Palette – these are limited edition palettes released along with the Disney Oz: The Great and Powerful movie. You can still find these on eBay and the like I think. These are my first Urban Decay palettes, and the pigmentation and buttery texture of each of these eyeshadows have blown my mind. Review for the Glinda palette is here, and the Theodora palette here.
- Painted Earth Luminous Coconut Oil Pressed Mineral Foundation – my absolute favourite powder foundation, which leaves my skin flawless. Pity that Painted Earth doesn’t ship outside of the US and Canada. =( Click here for a more detailed review of the foundation.
- Maybelline Watergel BB Cream – Funny, I can’t seem to find it on their site even though I still see it sold in stores. Anyways, this is an awesome sheer coverage foundation (I refuse to call it a BB cream because it doesn’t have the whitening properties that are characteristic of the original Asian BB cream formula). Click here for a more detailed review.
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline – A matte black gel eyeliner; you can’t go wrong with this one. Click here for my review.
- Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil – The very blackest eyeliner I’ve ever used. The texture is so so wonderfully creamy, and this just lasts. I reach for Perversion over Blacktrack when I want a more smoky look. Click here for my review.
- Benefit They’re Real! mascara – This mascara is the first to actually give my lashes a curl (without actually curling them). It is magic. Click here for a more detailed review.
- OCC Authentic Lip Tar – Like all OCC lip tars, this is incredibly pigmented. Authentic is a gorgeous metallic copper that is surprisingly wearable on its own, and is also beautiful when patted on top of a red lip. Click here for my review.
- Sephora Always Red Cream Lip Stain – My current HG red. This is the reddest reddest lip colour I’ve ever seen. The formula is perfect; matte, pigmented and long wearing. Definitely check out the other colours in this line too. Click here for my review.
- MAC Viva Glam I Lipglass – Viva Glam I lipglass is muted enough to be an everyday red, but there’s still something special about this colour that’ll make you look again. Click here for my review.
- Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter – This tints my lips a lovely red, and leaves them wonderfully soft and hydrated. It also smells wonderful. Click here for my review.
What were your favourite products for 2013?
If you liked the post, please like my Facebook page for more updates and posts on beauty-related things!