This makes my third in recent months, and there’ll be a fourth one at the end of January. (The first was this pinkish doll-like thing, and the second was a minimal makeup look.) All part of being a student and applying for various things.
When I head for interviews, most times it’s just me trying to make myself look like my best. Smooth dewy skin, flushed cheeks, nude lips, defined eyes, but no too-obvious eyeshadow.
This gorgeous image is from the Max & Co Spring/Summer 2014 catalogue. I found it in my mom’s room and ohmigoodness. This spring makeup, fresh and dewy and youthful. I figured I’d try to replicate it for my interview.
I started pulling out my makeup the day before to figure out how to do this. I’m going to use two blushes here – Benefit Coralista and Rockateur to achieve more dimension for the cheeks.
Rather than use a black eyeliner, I’m using Bobbi Brown Twilight Night Gel Eyeliner, which is a Limited Edition item from the Twilight Night collection released back in 2012. It’s a blackened purple grey that I use whenever I don’t want a too-harsh black line, perfect for this look.
Used my Laura Mercier Artist’s Palette for Eyes of course, its nudes are so lovely. I think Urban Decay’s Naked 2 would be too shimmery for this look.
Trying to find the right lip colour was the hardest part. The model’s wearing this rosy nude that still looks incredibly fresh, and seems to have a hint of peach. I eventually settled on using a nude lip liner and patting Benefit ChaCha Tint on top.
The products used.
How I achieved the look:
1) I used Laura Mercier Guava (peachy-pink with a pale gold sheen), patted all over the lid with a fluffy brush
2) I then used Laura Mercier Primrose (peachy beige) mixed with Fresco (matte medium brown) on the outer V of the eye, as well as my lower lashes
3) I then used Plum Smoke (matte smoky purple-grey) in the crease
4) Then I used Bobbi Brown Twilight Night Gel Liner (blackened plummy grey) to line my upper lashline
5) Then I used Benefit They’re Real! mascara on my upper lashes
1) I mixed Benefit High Beam illuminator in my Maybelline Watergel BB cream to get a lovely glow
2) I brushed Benefit Coralista (pink coral with gold sheen) on the apples of my cheeks
3) I then used Benefit Rockateur (rose gold) to contour my cheek
4) I then dusted Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Lighting Powder all over my face to set my makeup and give a nice glow
1) I first lined my lips with a rosy nude lip liner to even out the colour
2) I then added Benefit ChaCha Tint (orange coral) to brighten the colour and give it a fresh clean look
On the left is a photo of my lips with the nude liner alone, and on the right with ChaCha Tint. The difference is subtle, but I like it.
And the completed look. (I really wish I had a better camera)
I’ve read somewhere that if you hold a white card or sheet of paper in the photo the camera will adjust the white balance. This is me grabbing a random sheet of paper trying not to look so washed out.
Closeup of the eye. I love love love this Laura Mercier palette.
What do you think? Is this a look you’d try?
If you liked the post, please like my Facebook page for more updates and posts on beauty-related things!