Argh. Again, I wish for a better camera than my iPhone 4S and one with those flip screens that make taking a selfie easier.
Yesterday’s makeup. I felt almost angelic in it, even though I didn’t use any illuminators or highlighters.
I was wearing my pinstriped bustier dress from Jack Wills, which I had bought when I was in the US. It’s a pricy thing but cotton, and not some cheap polyester material, and so so pretty.
I’ve worn this dress only a few times, and each time it would be with a bright coloured lip. You can see that I’m using a really intense red in the photo above (Sephora Always Red Lip Cream), and I’ve previously used a bright pink coral lipgloss, MAC Viva Glam Cyndi. Decided to mix it up and go with a more subtle colour, but definitely not a straight-up nude.
And so I used OCC Electric Grandma, the loveliest most perfect coral with gold sparkles in it.
I also used one of my favourite coral blushes, which I unfortunately have been neglecting: MAC Ripe for Love.
Below’s the makeup that I used. I found the L’Oreal Infinite Pink Eyeshadow extremely sheer (left swatch of the photo below) and used MAC Rubensque Paint Pot as as base to bring out the pink tones and give it some warmth.
I also used the two brown eyeshadows from my Painted Earth Bronze Complete Face Palette to give the pink eyeshadow more depth.
1) I used MAC Rubensque Paint Pot (peach with gold pearl) on my eyes as a base
2) I then patted L’Oreal Infinite Pink Infallible Eyeshadow (sheer pastel pink) on top
3) From my Painted Earth Bronze Complete Face Palette, I first used the lighter brown eyeshadow to the outer third of the eye to give the pink some depth. Then I blended the darker brown into the crease
4) I lined my upper and lower lashlines with Makeup Forever Gypsy (matte red brown pencil). I draw a thick line on the upper lashline and then blended it out
5) I used Benefit They’re Real! mascara on my lashes to get that doll-like effect
6) As a final touch I lined my waterline with a metallic gold pencil
1) I used my Painted Earth Luminous Coconut Oil Pressed Mineral Foundation dusted on my face with a Kabuki brush
2) Then I used MAC Ripe for Love (matte orange coral) on my cheeks
3) I contoured my face with MAC Warm Soul
4) I set it all with Hourglass Mood Light Ambient Lighting Powder
1) I used OCC Electric Grandma Lip Tar (coral with gold sparkle), patted on the lips with my finger
What do you think?
If you liked the post, please like my Facebook page for more updates and posts on beauty-related things!