This look was inspired by Amriaa’s spring look. Pink and green is a combination I’ve seen her pull off many times before (and beautifully so) but is not one I’ve ever tried.
The look’s definitely a lot more subtle than the one that Amriaa used, but I’m meeting my mom in the evening and I don’t want her to say too much about my wearing makeup.
Closeup of the look. Can you see that green pencil?
I was initially intending to use a shimmery peachy pink colour, Sephora Infinite Rose, for the lip colour, but decided to keep the look more subtle by using a matte lip colour.
Tip: Lip pencils are great for keeping the look matte.
Also, here’s a photo of the dress I was wearing on Sunday! Some of you guys were asking to see it, so here it is, yes that print is gorgeous. It’s a really cinched in high waist thing (but not quite an empire line I think) and an A-line skirt that has so much flounce I am so happy wearing it. I was not posing properly in this photo, excuse the bad posture. Also hell. Are those really what my eyebags look like?
1) I used NYX Cashmere Jumbo Pencil as a base. This is a lovely pale cool gold colour.
2) I then used MAC Madly Personal Pigment (bright fuschia pink) to draw a thick pink line across the lid. Note: this is a discontinued product.
3) I used MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow (deep burgundy red – cranberry if you like) in the crease and blended it out
4) I used OCC Triptych Loose Powder Concentrate (jewellery gold) and placed this in the inner third of the eye
5) I then used MAC Photogravure (warm matte brown kohl) on the upper lashline, then smudged it out
6) I then lined the lower lashline with a green eye pencil Jordona Seagreen
7) Then I used mascara on the upper lashline
1) I used my Painted Earth compact foundation
2) I then used a brown-based peach blush from my Painted Earth Bronze Complete Face Palette to get a lovely flush on the face
3) I set everything with a light dusting of Guerlain Meteorites Pressed Powder Compact
1) I used a brown based nude for the lips, which keeps the whole look beautifully matte, and keeps the attention on the eyes
If you liked the post, please like my Facebook page for more updates and posts on beauty-related things!