As mentioned in my last post chock-full of updates, I’ll be collaborating with Carina to do a Naked 2 Challenge. This means a week (well in my case, five days) worth of eyeshadow looks using the Naked 2 palette exclusively. She’s just posted her Day 1 look, check it out here. AND she’s spent the last week using Naked 1 (gosh I would have tired of all those neutrals a long time ago).
Today’s look is fairly simple, meant to give me a golden glow. I love using either Urban Decay Chopper or Half-Baked for this. UD makes the best shimmers – they’re always really strong but never overwhelming.
Closeups for the look.
1) I used MAC Rubensque Paint Pot (peachy gold cream) as a base on the eyes
2) I then patted Urban Decay Half-Baked (golden peachy frost) on the eyes
3) I used Urban Decay Tease (matte taupe with mauve undertones) in the outer third and crease of the eye for depth
4) I used a pencil brush and lined the upper lashline with Urban Decay Busted (frosty cool grey brown)
5) I used Benefit They’re Real! mascara on my lashes
6) I defined my eyebrows with Urban Decay Blackout (matte black)
1) I used Maybelline BB Watergel on the face
2) For the cheeks, I used Bobbi Brown Raspberry Pot Rogue. I patted it on with my fingers then blended it out with a stipling brush. It frustrates me that this can’t be captured on the camera, it gives me the loveliest most wonderful natural rosy flush.
3) I set everything with Guerlain Meteorites Pressed Powder
1) I used MAC Pure Flattery (glossy pale peach), a limited edition lipglass from the 2012 Holiday Kits to top off the whole glowy golden look.
Tip for makeup beginners:
I’m including this because I’ve been pulling down random crew members and doing their makeup for them all weekend. A lot of them don’t wear makeup regularly and warn me that they don’t like looking ‘made-up’. It’s easy enough to
What I usually did was pat MAC Rubensque on their lids.
MAC Rubensque is a beautiful soft peach and gold duochrome, and looks lovely on a variety of skintones. It’s great for brightening up the eyes and just making you look more awake. Just look at the photos below, where I only have MAC Rubensque on.
Basically, a pale peachy gold product with some shimmer is wonderful for those beginning with makeup. Urban Decay Half-Baked is a great shade, and so is MAC Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skin Finish. Occasionally, I do pat MAC Warm Soul Mineralize Blush on for a more muted, but still very beautiful shimmer.
Any other products you’d like to add to the list? Also, what do you think of the makeup?
If you liked the post, please like my Facebook page for more updates and posts on beauty-related things!