Got back really late from visiting yesterday and I was too tired to update the blog.
This was Day 5 of the Naked 2 Challenge look! Unfortunately, I did my makeup in a hurry before running out of the house, so I couldn’t take any decent photos.
Anyways, first day of CNY visiting and that was my outfit and makeup. Although I used more eyeshadows than I normally used, I kept it light and simple to not scare off the relatives.
Seem my strange expression. Also my eye bags are getting ridiculous. Correctors and concealers aren’t part of my makeup routine but if this keeps up they’re going to be. Good thing I saw Elaine’s review on the Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector and I will probably stop by a counter later.
The outfit is another treasure from my aunt. It is so lovely, a cream dress with black lace overlay. I wore it with my cream heels from Spur.
Outfit photo taken by the sister. My siblings (I have three of them by the way) now say that I have lost so much weight that my head is too big for my body. =( I have to agree. I think I have to actually start working out now to look proportionate.
Eyeshadows used: Bootycall (highlight colour in the inner third and browbone), Chopper (lid), Tease (crease), YDK (outer third), Busted (liner and eyebrows)
1) I used MAC Rubensque Paint Pot (peach gold cream) as a base, patting it all over the lid and up to the brow bone with a finger.
2) I then applied UD Chopper (shimmery pinky peach) on the lid, pressing firmly with my brush to minimize fallout
3) I then applied UD YDK (a cool metallic bronze) on the outer third of the eye, and used the same colour to lightly fill in my eyebrows
4) I used UD Tease (matte mauve brown) as a crease colour. Note: While it’s not a particularly dark colour and most people wouldn’t use it as such because they’d think it doesn’t bring too much dimension, using a matte is always a great way to bring depth to a shimmery eye
5) I used UD Bootycall (shimmery beige) and applied this to the inner corners of my eyes as well as my brow bones
6) I took a pencil brush and applied UD Busted (burgundy deep brown with a soft metallic finish) as a liner.
7) I finished with the Painted Earth SuperCurl mascara
1) I used my Painted Earth Pressed Powder Mineral Compact
2) I then used MAC Born to Love (salmon pink coral) on the cheekbones for a healthy flush
3) I then used Benefit Rockateur to contour my face
4) I set everything with my Guerlain Meteorites Pressed Powder
1) I had prepped my lips with Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter
2) I then patted a very thin layer of OCC Authentic (metallic bronze with orange shimmer) on top. The result was this lovely rosy brown lip colour.
Also, exciting news! I have a proper camera now! It’s a Nikon Coolpix S9100 (what a name) which my parents passed to me because they got a new one.
Lately I’ve developed a thing for rings, and antiquated looking things. These are some pieces I’ve been wearing. The one on the left is pretty awesome piece of with pale purple crystals, the jade one is perfect, and the pearl ring is an adorable bauble of pearls. The gold earrings on the right are pretty awesome too.
What kind of jewellery do you like to wear? Share in the comments!