While I may not always repost the awards I’ve gotten, I really do love the idea of it, they’re really great for meeting new bloggers.
1. Display the award logo to your blog.
2. Show appreciation by acknowledging the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
3. Share 7 random, interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and happily pass on this award, making sure to link their blog into your post.
5. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award (AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT), write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer, and list them in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it, like me!)
As both awards require a random fact thing, I’m just gonna combine all the random facts together in one post.
1. I’m a Sociology major, studying in the National University of Singapore.
2. I think I’m in love with the brand UNIF right now. I own their Keeper’s dress right now (the beautiful purple paisley thing) and their Confession boot, and am now eyeing their Pyre dress and heels.
3. I’m a huge horror buff and read Reddit’s nosleep just about every day, but I’ll still curl up in a ball and press my fingers to my ears when watching a horror movie. Especially if it’s Asian horror.
4. I am perpetually cold. Basically I am cold when the weather drops below 28 degrees celsius. Or after I wash my hands. Or after I leave the warm toasty next of blankets that is my bed. It is now morning. I have turned off the fan in my room and I am shivering, huddling in a cape.
5. I have this murderous urge to rip well, false-looking falsies from girls’ lashes when I see them and replace them with separated ones. You know those awful ones that look like a thick lash and your eyes are being completely overwhelmed and they have to peer at you to see you right? I mean there’s nothing wrong with falsies, but don’t get ones that drown your eyes, especially if you’re just going around for class. Separated lashes are the best.
6. A friend of mine went to Thailand and her profile picture is now of herself lying next to a tiger and I so badly want to cuddle a tiger too. =(
7. I am gullible and may believe just about everything you tell me.
8. I wish I could do photography. (Working on it now that I have a camera.) The Humans of Iran project (done by the same guy who does Humans of New York) is amazing.
9. I love experimenting with my hair, and I can never decide what to do with it now. Grow it out, cut it super short, dye my whole head or only place in highlights, what colours, etc.
10. I can’t manage stilettos. I wear heels a lot but they’re always either stacked ones or wedges. I’m always terrified that the stiletto heel will break under my weight.
11. Despite my love for makeup, I am hopeless with styling hair, and I can’t stand having nail polish on my nails.
Kate’s questions for her nominees:
1. Where is your dream destination to live? I… Wow. I don’t know. As much as I bitch about my country I just can’t imagine not living here. I haven’t stayed in either the UK, US or Australia for extended periods of time (there because I will not survive in a country that does not operate in English. The perils of being monolingual) but if I had to move it would be one of the three. And then there’s also which part of town to move into. =/
2. Who is your current style icon? Gosh. Okay this is hard because I don’t have a style icon, neither do I look at any specific celebrity’s clothes. I am however, obsessing over the beautiful shapes and colours and movements in Elie Saab’s Spring/Summer collection. It’s all soft delicate fabrics, in beautiful shades of palest pink, gold, transiting to deep blues and blacks. It’s just. Gah. (Warning: Lots of CAPS ahead.)
THE GRADIENT OF THAT CHIFFON
THAT SHADE OF GOLD
THE ABSOLUTE SOFTNESS OF THAT CHIFFON AND HOW BEAUTIFULLY IT FLOATS AND THAT INKY BLACK FABRIC AND ARGH
THE LOVELINESS OF THAT LACE
HOW THIS DRESS IS THE ABSOLUTE SOFTEST PALEST BLUSH
THE SWEETNESS OF THIS BEAUTIFUL ROSE PINK SHE LOOKS LIKE A FLOWER
Images from here
Of course, if I’m ever lacking any inspiration in style, I usually head over to Dolls Kill. The way the models are dressed, the way they present themselves, I think it’s all incredibly sexy. They’re having fun dressed in what most people would consider outrageous clothing and that’s mostly why the look so good in the clothes.
3. What beauty item are you currently obsessing over? Urban Decay Naked 3 – and yay it is finally mine!
Expect many looks from this palette in a bit.
4. What is your greatest fear? To fail I think. Fitting all the Asian stereotypes. But I’ve generally gained some modicum of success in most of what I’ve set my mind to, so I don’t know what it would be like to absolutely fail in something, or be unable to do something.
5. What is your biggest achievement so far in life? Huh. I don’t know what I would label biggest achievement (I really can’t seem to answer any questions to the point can I?) In academics it would be to get the scholarship I’m currently holding, because I never thought I would ever get one. In Drama it would be the independent production I put up a couple of years back. And in debates, it would be to winning the Australasian Women’s Debating Championship 2013. The applause and support and the entire experience was just amazing.
6. What is the meaning behind the name of your blog? Natzi’s a nickname I got in secondary school. Not many people have called me that since, and I get how it may be culturally sensitive for some people, but basically I can be rather… militant in the way I go about life. And handling things. And people. And yeah, the stash would of course refer to my makeup stash.
7. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?! This is clearly the most important question! Hot chocolate! I don’t drink either coffee or tea – and am the only student I know so far that is still alive without the two.
8. When did you start blogging and why? I started my LJ account in March last year, and switched over to WordPress in April because it’s just a more dynamic and interactive platform. I’ve actually had lots of blogs when I was younger but I figured it was time that I started an actual blog for my makeup, especially since this was the period where I decided to actually make use of the massive amounts of makeup I owned and try a different look each day.
9. Who is your greatest role model? Hmm. Hmm. I don’t have one. Possibly Anne Hathaway or Jennifer Lawrence I guess. I love how they’re both so wonderfully down to earth and intelligent and sensitive when dealing with the paparazzi. Jennifer Lawrence says herself that she doesn’t have a filter, and I like that she’s so honest like that. And the both have such beautiful smiles.
10. What is your favorite hobby?Um. Hmm. Makeup I guess. Debate isn’t a hobby, neither is reading. They’re part of my life.
11. What is your favorite quote? I don’t think I have one. But I reread Sandman lately and this stayed with me.
“-You are mortal: it is the mortal way. You attend the funeral, you bid the dead farewell. You grieve. Then you continue with your life. And at times the fact of her absence will hit you like a blow to the chest, and you will weep. But this will happen less and less as time goes on. She is dead. You are alive. So live.”
1) Why did you start blogging?
2) What’s your favourite lipstick? (Yes, pick one)
3) Lipstick, lipgloss, lip stain or lip tar?
4) Cream or powder products? (blush, eyeshadow, foundation)
5) Do you change your makeup according to the seasons?
6) What item (makeup, clothes, jewellery, etc.) is #1 on your to-buy list now?
7) The last thing you bought?
8) The last book you’ve read?
9) Red velvet or chocolate cake?
10) Cake or pie? (You can see how I am hungry as I type these things)
11) Cats or dogs?
10) She’s So Eco
– – –