Hey all! Here’s the second look to my Urban Decay Naked 3 Challenge!
The challenge here is that I’ve got to use MAC Sandy B for all three of my looks (grr Hanis you’re evil). I’ve circumvented it slightly, but I don’t think I’m cheating! I’ve layered a pinky mauve lip gloss with gold shimmer – MAC Baby Blooms Lipgloss – on top to add a bit more oomph to the lips.
Anyways, despite the insane heat, I’ve decided to go with a smoky look for today. (The last time round, I went with the browner tones in the palette.) I’m trying out more unconventional things with the palette because I know that most people immediately think ‘pink!’ when they look at the Naked 3 palette and I want to show how it’s a lot more versatile than that. The next look is most likely going to be very pretty and pink though. =)
The biggest trick with this makeup I think, was that I used just little bit of Maybelline’s Bad to the Bronze 24 Hour Tatoo as a base. This is a dark brown shade, and even though I only applied a sheer amount of it, it was able to bring out the browns in the pink/red toned eyeshadows from the Naked 3 palette.
Closeup of the eye. I love how it all blends out into this beautiful brown ombre.
1) I used an extremely sheer layer of Maybelline Bad to the Bronze (metallic bronze) as a base in order to bring out the brown tones of all the makeup that I then placed
2) I then used UD Factory (medium brown with red undertones) as an all over the lid colour
3) I then used UD Darkside (purpled taupe), drawing it along the upper lashline in a thick line then blending it into Factory
4) I then used UD Blackheart (blackened burgundy with purple red shimmers) , drawing it along the upper lashline with an angled liner brush, then used a pencil brush to blend it out. I also used it in the outer third of my lower lashline, then flicked it upward to give the appearance of narrower and angular eyes
5) I used UD Nooner (matte rosy plums) to blend along the crease
6) I then used UD Limit (mauve medium pink) along the browbone. The end result is this ombre of colours – plummy browns to blackened purple – all over the lid
7) I used Benefit BADgal Lash for my mascara
1) I used Maybelline BB Watergel as my foundation
2) I then used Maybelline Peach Satin Dream Bouncy blush on my cheeks
3) I set everything with Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Lighting Powder to get a lovely glow on the face
1) I used MAC Sandy B (peach pink with gold frost) on the lips
2) I then layered MAC Baby Bloom Lipglass (pink with gold shimmer) on top
What do you think?
– – –