Okay the blue eyeshadow thing was a Spring 2013 trend and I’m a year late but whatever, I’ve never been one for trends.
I seriously love the different ways this has been done. As an eyeliner over a neutral eye, the cut crease! Ah. ❤
And of course, this is divine.
Images courtesy of Google
This one was actually inspired by the beautiful Jules, and her take on the blue eyeshadow thing. Check it out here, I think she looks absolutely gorgeous.
I’ve done a blue eyeshadow eyeliner look before, but that was with a navy blue eyeshadow, and of course, bright topaz when I pull out my Maybelline Tenacious Teal. So I tried it out a little differently this time round and went with a pretty pastel blue.
The blue eyeshadow in question. It’s from my Coastal Scents Double Stack 48 Shade Shimmer Palette.
1) I used a pencil brush and applied the blue eyeshadow in a thick line along my upper lashline, and then thinner along the lower lashline. I then used a finger and blended it out on the top
2) I used my Maybelline Rocket Mascara on the upper and lower lashes
3) And like my look yesterday, I took an angled liner brush, dipped it in a pale gold microglitter (Urban Decay Oz) and patted that to the inner third of the eye
1) I used the Maybelline BB Watergel as a base
2) I then used Benefit ChaCha Tint as my blush, spreading it out with a stippling brush
3) I used Benefit High Beam as a highlight colour. I basically drew a stripe along my cheekbone and then blended it out again with a stippling blush
4) I used Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Lighting Powder and dusted it over my face
1) I used the Maybelline Pop 5 Lip Polish (glossy pink with slight warm undertones) on my lips to finish the look
What d o you think? I feel ready for Spring. =)
I don’t really like the expression in my photo for this one, but look at the beauty of that highlight.
– – –