Right, I just realised this post is irrelevant to anyone still wearing turtlenecks in temperate countries. =( I’m sorry, but while you’re freezing, we’re baking here.
I did another YouTube tutorial, filmed today’s makeup routine. If you don’t like reading my long lists of instructions check it out here!
Anyway, I’m really happy. Bobbi Brown Raspberry Pot Rogue is a product that I’ve been raving about for ages, but it’s scary looking in the pot and most people shy away from it. Here’s a video to prove that it can look good.
Anyway, this is a really simple look, I’ve even included my skincare routine to show how a few products I’m using. Like really. On warm days, you don’t want to pile on products. BB creams are a wonderful invention, or you might want to spritz your foundation brush with water and apply a lighter liquid formula. Cream blushes are great too. Basically these are products that will melt into your skin, and really melt into the skin, unlike powders, that just stay on top.
I’ve defined my eyebrows for this look, though this is optional. I just feel like if I’m not defining my eyes with liner, I should define the brows, which frame the face.
Used Laura Mercier Expresso Bean, a blackened brown for my eyebrows
1) I prepped my skin with Kiehls Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment. It’s great that I’m using a BB cream after this, because it’s slightly drying.
2) I prepped my lips with Vaseline
3) While waiting for the bases to sink in, I patted MAC Rubensque Paint Pot (cream peach with gold pearl) on my eyes
4) I used the Maybelline Rocket mascara on my lashes
5) I then used Maybelline BB Watergel on the face as a base
6) I defined my eyebrows with Laura Mercier Expresso Bean (blackened brown) and an angled brush
7) I used a stippling brush and Bobbi Brown Raspberry Pot Rogue on the cheeks for the most beautiful dewy looking glow
8) I set everything with Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Lighting Powder
9) I used the Sephora Infinite Rose Lip Cream (rose with peachy undertones and gold sparkle) on my lips
– – –