No YouTube tutorial for this one, it turned out long and really boring. Most of it was spent trying to clean up the lip. As always, if you’re going to be using a matte red lip, it’s absolutely unforgiving if you have the slightest mistake, especially with a colour this bold. I’d suggest you actually do the lip colour before applying foundation, and then you can clean up any mistakes with a small concealer brush.
Skin is so very awful right now. I suspect it’s my Maybelline BB Watergel that’s caused this because it was okay yesterday morning, and then was really awful after I took off my makeup in the afternoon. I’m throwing it out and hopefully getting hold of a nice mineral BB cream soon, hopefully from Jane Iredale, this awesome all-mineral makeup brand I’ve just discovered.
Last night, I was actually planning to do an Angelina Jolie Maleficent inspired makeup style, because I knew I wanted a bold red lip, and figured why not go the whole way? I even took out my falsies, a darker foundation to let me contour my face and was all set to do it. I slept later than I thought I would though, and woke up late. So I didn’t bother with the whole shebang, but stayed with my red lip.
Oh, and in case you’ve only just started reading my blog, hi guys, meet the beauty that is Sephora Always Red Lip Cream, my power red.
Also, can a kind soul in the US please please please help me check at their Sephora counter if the Sephora lip creams have been discontinued? They haven’t been restocked in Singapore for a couple of months now, the last time I checked. I need to know this. D=
Just look at the beauty of that lip colour.
Although I usually don’t care about the “eye heavy, light lip” or “heavy lip, light eye” rule, I always keep my eye makeup light when it comes to this lip colour. I mean, you don’t need anything else once you wear this lip.
1) I used Urban Decay Strange (matte white with pink undertones) all over the lid
2) I then used Urban Decay Blackheart (blackened purple with burgundy shimmer) and lined my upper lashline with it, then blended it out with a fluffy brush
3) I used the Maybelline Rocket mascara for my upper lashes
1) I used the Sephora Always Red Lip Cream, carefully filling in my lips with the help of a lip brush, q-tips and a concealer brush
1) I used my Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation, applying it on my face with a damp foundation brush. This makes the application more sheer so it doesn’t look too heavy.
2) I then contoured my face with Benefit Rockateur (rose gold)
3) I dusted my Guerlain Meteorites Compact (translucent pressed powder) all over to give a beautiful glow and to mattify everything
I can’t wait to try out a full-fledged Maleficent makeup look.
What do you guys think of this one?
– – –