Yay today’s look combines a couple of Spring 2014 makeup trends. I went with pastel eyes and orange lips, but clearly this is my take on the trend, and not just an outright copy of what’s happened on the runway. I’ll go with a proper bright orange lipstick in future. And the pastel has depth in it, unlike the other pastels you’ve been seeing. I’ll try for a sheer wash of colour next time too.
Also I did up a YouTube tutorial too, check it out here.
I’m wearing a beautiful rompoer with watercolour inspired floral prints from Saturday Club. Seriously love all the florals that have been appearing this Spring, BCBG Max Azria florals and the Red Valentino florals are my favourite.
1) I first used MAC Groundwork (matte medium brown cream) on the eyes, bringing it up to the crease
2) I then used L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Forever Pink (shimmery pale cool pink) and patted it on the lid of the eye
3) I used MAC Fascinating (white kohl) and lined the inner corners of my eye with it, then I blended it out to get a very subtle highlight
4) I used Painted Earth Glitter Pencil in a light brown and lined my eyes lashline, leaving the lower lashline bare
5) I curled my lashes and used Painted Earth Supercurl mascara on the upper lashes
1) I used the Jane Iredale Dream Tint in Lavender (this really pale lavender colour that reduces redness in my skin)
2) I used MAC Dainty (pale pink with gold pearl) on the apples of my cheeks
3) I used MAC Warm Soul (beige bronze with gold pearl) to contour my cheekbones really lightly
4) I dusted Guerlain Meteorites Powder (translucent pressed powder) on the face to set everything
1) I prepped my lips with the Jane Iredale LipDrink lipbalm
2) I then used OCC Clockwork (burnished orange cream by itself, takes on a lot redder tones once on the lips)
How are you liking this Spring’s trends?
– – –