Photos aren’t that great today because I got up earlier to do my makeup, and the lighting in the room wasn’t bright enough.
Today’s look reminds me of the smoky glamour of noir films. I’ve gone for a very dark lip, but the eye makeup isn’t that plain either. I think it’s a great way of inserting a bit of colour in an otherwise simple look. I’ve left the lower lashes completely plain in order to balance the look. I also didn’t use any blush to keep the look simpler.
I rarely repeat looks, especially within the same week. I did this on Monday, when I was going to do a presentation on ‘Death’ for class. My groupmates all dressed in black and it looked like we were off for a funeral.
I seriously love MAC Soft and Gentle as a highlight colour.
Makeup used: (I forgot to put in MAC Paint Pot Bare Study before this)
1) I patted MAC Bare Study (beige with gold pearl) all over the lid of the eye
2) I then swiped Laura Mercier Kir Royal (matte warm purple) from the Laura Mercier Artist’s Palette 2012 on the crease of the eye, starting from the inner third of the eye
3) I then used MAC Fascinating (white kohl) in the inner third of the eye and blended it out to get a very subtle highlight colour
4) I used MAC Blacktrack to line the upper lids of the eye
5) I used the Maybelline Rocket mascara on my upper lashes
1) I used the Jane Iredale Dream Tint Tinted Moisturizer (lavender brightener) on my face
2) I then dusted the Jane Iredale Amazing Base Loose Powder on my face for extra coverage
3) I then used Benefit Rockateur (rose gold) to contour my face
4) I then used MAC Soft and Gentle (champagne shimmer) on my cheekbones
5) I dusted everything with Hourglass Mood Light Ambient Lighting Powder (soft pink)
1) I used Jordona Plush Plum Lipliner (deep plum) to line my lips
2) I then used NYX Snow White (deep warm red with purple undertones). The lip liner really brought out the purple undertones of the lipstick.
What products do you pull out when you want to look dark and mysterious? Let me know in the comments, I’m always on the lookout for these things.
– – –