This is me guilty of Orientalism, but whatever. I’m wearing my white romper with the kimono-inspired folded front, a short black vest made out of some kind of runched rayon material that always makes me think of Arabian Nights, and my wrap.
Isn’t she pretty?
Today’s also the first time I’m trying out the Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream. A few notes:
1) This thing runs light. I’m maybe an NC20 at MAC, and I bought their BB3 shade, and it’s still a little light for me.
2) I like that it has the yellow undertones of Bobbi Brown foundations, and it’s not pink/grey hued the way most BB creams are
3) This thing has a balm/mousse texture. It’s not light, and it feels like a really rich moisturizer on the skin. I don’t think that’s bad, but just to note. It’s also rather unusual in a BB cream.
4) They weren’t kidding when they called this ‘glow time’. It makes my skin look really dewy. I was a little surprised when I was taking today’s photos, I thought I was sweating or something but it just glows in the camera, sometimes in a not very flattering manner. Definitely not a foundation I’ll be using for photoshoots.
I swear that shine on my face is not sweat or oil.
Photo of all the makeup used, except I forgot the purple eyeliner used. I used the L’Oreal Violet Volt HIP Chrome Eyeliner on the lower waterline and lashline.
1) I used MAC Rubensque (peachy gold cream) on the lid as a base
2) I then used the Sleek iDivide Sunset palette. These colours aren’t labelled so it’s really hard to explain. =/ I used the four middle colours on the top row. Yellow in the inner third, orange in the middle, brown in the outer third, and the crease was the dark red brown.
3) I used the L’Oreal Violet Volt HIP Chrome Eyeliner on the lower lashline and waterline
4) I used the Painted Earth SuperCurl mascara
1) I used the Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream on my face
2) MAC Warm Soul (beige with bronze undertones and gold pearl) on the cheeks
3) I then dusted Hourglass Mood Light Ambient Lighting Powder (a very sheer pink all-over face powder) on my face)
I used OCC Super NSFW (blue-red with subtle gold shimmer) on my lips, blotted it, and patted a layer of OCC Authentic (bronze with orange shimmer) on top
– – –