I’ve been using gels and pencil liners lately, and have completely forgotten about the slickness of a liquid. ❤ A thin line of liquid liner seriously defines your eyes like nothing else.
My photographs finally turned out right! Not too blurry, and it actually caught my smile right. Also the reason why I’m smiling so much is because I’m finally using products from the fabled Happy Skin Cosmetics, a Filipino brand I’ve seen bloggers rave about over and over again. They only just launched last year, and they’ve gotten so many fans.
Happy Skin Cosmetics is supposed to be somewhat pricy for a Filipino brand (the foundation is about SGD30) but most of the stuff is made in Japan, and has skincare benefits. Also, it’s free from parabens and other yucky things. You can see why it’s popular.
My second haul from the Philippines. (Thank goodness for jetsetting friends.) I got a free pouch, the Happy Skin Second Skin Creme Foundation (silicon free hooray!) and two of their famous Shut Up and Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippies (I got it in Summer Fling and Girl’s Night Out). Summer Fling is the pretty pretty pink shade I’m wearing right now and Girl’s Night Out is a deep purple. I also have a new loose powder foundation from Ellana Mineral Cosmetics to replace my Jane Iredale one once it runs out.
Argh I can’t get over how great my skin looks!
So far I’m already loving the Second Skin Creme Foundation. Unlike the Jane Iredale Glowtime BB cream which is what I’ve been using lately, it doesn’t have silicon. They both go on smoothly on the face, but silicon based makeup always feels different on the skin. The SS foundation feels more like a moisturizer. It must be the shea butter.
For my eyes, I’m using the Sleek Sunset Palette, and then used Urban Decay Tease from the Naked 2 palette on the crease. Matte eyeshadows are great as crease colours, because they add depth without distracting from the shimmer on the eye!
This is the Temptalia photograph, my own pathetic attempts to photograph this couldn’t capture the warm tones of this palette.
1) I used MAC Rubensque (peach gold cream) on my eyes as a base
2) I took #11 from the Sunset palette, a rose gold, and applied it all over the eye
3) I then used #9, an orange brown shade in the middle of the lid
4) I used #7, a coppery red brown on the outer third of the eye
5) I used Urban Decay Tease, a matte mauve brown in the crease
6) I defined my eyebrows with Laura Mercier Expresso Bean, a blackened brown colour
7) I used Maybelline Hypersharp Liquid Liner on the upper lashline, drawing a thin line and then winging it out slightly
8) I used the Maybelline Rocket Mascara on the upper lashes
1) I first applied the Happy Skin Second Skin Creme Foundation
2) I dusted the Jane Iredale Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder Foundation on my face
3) I used MAC Gleeful, a strawberry pink blush, on my cheeks to get a pretty red flush
4) I used MAC Warm Soul, a beigey bronze shade with gold pearl as highlight on the apples of my cheeks
5) I then dusted Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Lighting Powder on my face for a natural glow
I applied the Happy Skin Summer Fling Moisturizing Lippie, a pinky coral on the lips
Yep, so here’s my happy skin look! What do you guys think?
– – –