Doing makeup this morning was a huge pain. I woke up and found a new cluster of acne on my face (I am sorry to admit that all photos below have been touched up with the spot healing tool on Photoshop; my skin is that bad).
My photos also kept turning out bad, and it took me forever to get them out. I’d woken up with my hair in a mess, and I kinda liked the look. It didn’t capture well on the camera though.
I thought I’d do an orange lip, since orange lips are summery and all that. I then pulled out my Maybelline Electric Orange, and then layered Bobbi Brown Canary on top for gold shimmer. I didn’t like the way it looked though, then took it off, and layered Clinique Heftiest Hibiscus on top, but it just looked bad. So I took that off too, and then used MAC CB96 instead. It’s not quite an orange, but it’s a coral. My ridiculously pink lips always means that oranges never look orange on me. D=
I also finally pulled out my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette! It’s been a while, and it’s about time that I used it again.
1) I used Urban Decay Chopper (shimmery orange) and applied it all over the lid with a fluffy brush
2) I used YDK (orange brown) on the outer third of the eye
3) I then used Busted (another reddish brown) on the crease of the eye, and blended that out
4) I used two mascaras this time. First I took Painted Earth SuperCurl mascara, and then I used Maybelline Rocket mascara on it
5) I lined my upper lashline with Maybelline Hypersharp Liner, a black liquid liner
6) I used a NYX Brow Pencil in black and darkened my eyebrows
1) I used the Happy Skin Second Skin Creme as a base
2) I then used the Jane Iredale Amazing Base Loose Powder for more coverage
3) I then used MAC Dainty (a pale pink blush with gold pearl) for a light dusting of colour on the cheeks
1) I used MAC CB96, an orange coral with gold pearl
Also, I went to Ikea today and bought a new friend! I got a small pot of False Heather (also known as Mexican Heather, and Elfin Herb). I love the last name. XD I also got it a matching purple pot.
Time to do makeup based on this colour scheme? =)
– – –