I finally caught up on “Once Upon a Time Wonderland”, a spin-off series of “Once Upon a Time”. As always, the creative team does an amazing job on the makeup and costumes, especially The Red Queen’s, all glowy skin, highlighted cheeks and pouty lips.
They do a damn good job with Alice too.
Of course, Sophie Lowe, the actress playing Alice is also absolutely beautiful. They tend to put her with very clean eyes, and once in a while she’ll don a dark purple lip. I can’t seem to find any photos for that look, but it’s what I decided to try on for today.
In other news my acne is still there, but is looking less inflamed and is slowly, slowly healing.
1) I used MAC Bare Study (frosty beige pink) on the lid as an all over colour.
2) Using the Laura Mercier Artist’s Holiday Palette 2013, I applied Fresco, a light matte brown with beige undertones along the outer third of the lid and the contours of the eye
3) I ten took Laura Mercier Truffle a deeper matte wood brown and applied that along the same area, blending it out into Fresco so you got a beautiful dark to light gradient
4) I then used Laura Mercier Guava, a shimmery pink peach colour on the lid of the eye
5) I used Sparkling Dew, a shimmery beige white on the brow bone and inner third of the eye
6) I lined my eyes with MAC Blacktrack, a matte black gel liner
7) I then applied Benefit They’re Real! mascara
8) I then filled in my brows with NYX brow pencils, using both a brown and black one, then coated Vaseline on a spoolie and combed that through to set my brows in shape.
1) I used the Happy Skin Second Skin Creme Foundation as a base
2) I patted a bit of tinted loose powder on from Ellana Mineral Cosmetics to set the makeup
3) I used NYX Apricot, a beautiful peachy coral colour on my cheeks
4) I patted a bit of MAC Warm Soul, a beigey bronze with gold pearl on top for more dimension
5) I set everything with my Guerlain UV Shield translucent loose powder
1) I used Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Lippie in Girl’s Night Out, the deep blue-based purple you see in the photos. It’s definitely not a plum, closer to a berry colour but not quite either.
I love how my cheeks turned out!
Happy Sunday all!
– – –