Today’s look is a strong smoky eye, paired with very soft peachy lips and cheeks
I came across this gorgeous photograph of Chloe Moretz on Harper Bazaar. Golden smoky eyes with peachy lips and cheeks; it’s a lovely combination. I’m nowhere near as pale as she is though, and I took the smoky eyes to another level (heh).
The smoky eyes are still softer and appropriate for day though, because lighter colours gold/brown colours are used, rather than greys and blacks.
1) From the Sleek Sunset palette, I used Sunset #10, a sparkly shimmery light copper colour and patted it all over my lid with my ring finger
2) I then used MAC Bronze eyeshadow, a dark bronze with a subtle gold pearly sheen on the outer third of the eye
3) I lined my upper lashline and waterline with MAC Smolder, a black kohl and smudged it out to get the smoky effect
4) I then used the Soap and Glory Thick & Fast mascara on the upper and lower lashes. Using what little product remained on the brush, I brushed it through my eyebrows to fill them in and tame them (I rather like this effect, it darkened my eyebrows quite subtly)
1) I applied the Happy Skin Second Skin Creme Foundation on the face
2) I used MAC Immortal Flower, a very soft light peach on the apples of the cheeks
3) I then used Benefit Rockateur, a rose gold, to contour the cheeks
4) I dusted my face with the Guerlain UV Shield translucent powder
1) I just used MAC In a Heartbeat, a warm soft peach on the lips
All in all, I’m quite happy with the way it turned out.
In other news, the various creams that the dermatologist has given me has started to dry up my skin. D= I’m skipping the benozyl peroxide cream I’ve been given to use for day (still continuing with the Retin-A night treatment), and I’ve swapped the Neutrogena facial cleanser she’s recommended I use, for a gentler Cetaphile one instead. I need a stronger/richer moisturizer, can anyone suggest one?
– – –