The weather today is blisteringly hot and I am feeling it even in the comfort of my nicely ventilated room. (No AC in my dorm room, unfortunately. A nice big fan works most of the time, but not for emergencies like these.)
Today I’m wearing a white long sleeved lace dress, and I pulled on my Zara gold flower necklace on as a headdress; almost Glinda inspired. I also changed the parting of my hair (usually it’s a side part) and it’s weird how it changes up your look so easily. Kinda like changing up the way you do your eyebrows I guess, so your face is framed differently.
I don’t often use pink eyeshadows, but I patted on a gold shimmer on top of today’s so it didn’t look like I have pink eye. I love the effect.
I went for soft pastel eyes, a strong blush and nude lips (that I later was dissatisfied with and layered over with Sephora Infinite Rose Lip Cream Stain for extra sparkle).
Made use of bareMinerals The Next Big Thing palette and Urban Decay Naked 2
1) I applied MAC Bare Study Paint Pot (beige with gold pearl) all over the lid as a base
2) I then applied bareMinerals Smash Hit (matte peach pink) on my lid
3) I used bareMinerals Hoopla (dark gold) on the outer third of the eye
4) I used bareMinerals Ensemble (deep matte purple) and lined my upper and lower lashline with an angled liner brush
5) I used bareMinerals Rising Star (light shimmery beige gold) on top of the lid for more dimension, patting it on with my ring finger
6) Taking a fluffy brush, I used Urban Decay Tease (matte mauve taupe) on the crease of my eye to contour it
7) I used the Painted Earth SuperCurl mascara on my upper lashes
8) I defined my eyebrows with Soap & Glory Thick and Fast mascara
1) I used the Happy Skin Second Skin Creme Foundation
2) I dusted Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Cafe Breve Loose Mineral Powder on top
3) I used MAC Gleeful (strawberry red) on the cheeks
4) I used Benefit Coralista (coral with gold shimmer) on the cheekbones for extra shimmer
1) I used Urban Decay Glinda Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour (beige with rosy brown undertones) on the lips
– – –