Some changes I made in the instructions given with the photos: I used kohl, not gel liner to line my waterline, and used a second darker eyeshadow to line the eye. Because 1) It is a lie to say that only one eyeshadow’s been used in this look, just look at that image! and 2) how on earth does one get gel liner to stay on the waterline? I poked my eyes a few times trying to lie this too, before giving up and sticking to kohl.
The makeup artist also didn’t specify what kind of lipstick or blush was used, so I went for a light brown based blush (MAC Warm Soul) because always use a brown based blush when in doubt, it’s always low key and just beautiful. For the lipstick, I took a guess and went with MAC Ravishing, an orange coral. I patted on the colour with a finger to keep it subtle.
Eyes (Eyeshadows from the Urban Decay Theodora palette)
1) I used UD Broken (matte caramel brown) and brought it up to just below the brow bone with a fluffy brush
2) I used UD West (satin red brown) and lined my upper lashline with a pencil brush with this shade
3) I used L’Oreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss liquid liner on my upper lashline (this is my new favourite liquid liner, the brush is perfectly firm allowing for even strokes and it dries quickly)
4) I used MAC Blacktrack (black gel liner) for my lower lashlines and tried to get it on my waterline
5) Gave up, used MAC Smolder (matte black kohl) instead
6) Curled lashes, used Maybelline Rocket mascara
1) Used Jane Iredale Glowtime BB cream for the face
2) I used MAC Warm Soul (beige bronze with gold pearl) for the cheeks
3) Dusted the face with Guerlain UV shield powder
1) Used MAC Ravishing (orange coral satin) by dabbing it on with a finger for diffused colour.
– – –