Today’s look is inspired by Vera Wang, Fall 2014. Strong brows, a splash of silver on the lids, no blush, rosy lips and absolutely gorgeous skin.
Just look at that, isn’t she gorgeous?
As always, I take the colours used in the photo and up the intensity significantly. (One day I will learn to appreciate subtlety.) I used three different kinds of silvers so I still got some kind of depth to the silvers, I think you can kinda see it in the photo above. While I skipped on blush, I used the subtler one of my two highlighters (Benefit High Beam) to highlight my cheekbones to give my skin some glow and hopefully bring depth to my face.
1) I used Urban Decay Oz (silver microglitter) and applied it all over my lid, patting it on rather than sweeping to reduce fall out
2) I used MAC Elektra (blue-grey silver satin) on the outer third of the lid to bring some depth and take away from the shimmer, blending it out with a fluffy brush
3) I then used L’Oreal Silver Lightning Hip Chrome Eyeliner (metallic silver), lined the inner third of my eye and then blended it out with a finger
4) I then used L’Oreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss liquid eyeliner
5) I then Maybelline Rocket mascara to lengthen but not volumize my lashes for subtle definition
1) I used Jane Iredale Glowtime BB Cream to get that healthy glowing base while still achieving plenty of coverage
2) I then used Jane Iredale Amazing Base and stippled it on gently to darken the foundation slightly (because the BB cream is just a bit too light for my skin)
3) I used Benefit High Beam (pink pearlescent liquid highlighter), dotted it on my cheekbones and nose bridge and blended it out with my finger
4) I then dusted Guerlain UV shield on my face to set everything
1) I used OCC Radiate (pink coral). I should have mixed it with some petroleum jelly to get a lighter colour. Ah well.
– – –