Late Saturday night/early Sunday morning I spent watching the film adaptation of Amy Tan’s ‘The Joy Luck Club’ with a friend. If you haven’t watched it, I highly highly recommend it. Not only are the visuals absolutely beautiful, the story is brilliant.
So I really really loved the makeup the women have. Polished – if there’s any eyeliner on them, they’ve tightlined their eyes – with mascara, minimal falsies, perfect complexion, and of course, a beautiful red lip.
Screenshots from the film
Seriously, even the older women in the film looked gorgeous with a red lip. I am happy to see I am probably going to look great with one even in my sixties.
Makeup used (absolutely minimal products today):
1) The only thing I did was use Maybelline Rocket Mascara on my upper and lower lashes
1) I used Ellena Mineral Cosmetics Cafe Breve Loose Mineral Powder and dusted it all over the face. For the redness that still showed, I used The Body Shop Concealer Stick to cover up.
2) I then dusted Guerlain UV Shield Translucent powder all over my face to set it
3) I used Soap & Glory Fast & Furious Mascara on my eyebrows
1) I used Jordona Lipliner in Sedona Red to line my lips
2) I then used MAC Kanga Rogue (a satin blue red) on my lips
– – –