This is probably one of the simplest, easiest I only used one eyeshadow for today’s look. Ah, the power of a lovely shimmery shade.
Actually, I’m not entirely sure what the name of this eyeshadow is. It’s a MAC eyeshadow, a beautiful silver with blueish flecks and a very very subtle gold frost. It could be Silver Ring or Electra. I bought it in a duo custom made palette (the other colour here is MAC Cranberry), and haven’t been able to remove the inset from the palette, so I can’t figure out the name of the shade. I’ve just gone with Electra, but the swatches I’ve seen of Electra online are way too warm, and nowhere near frosty enough.
If you can figure out what it is, please let me know in the comments!
But yes, I was talking to Juvy on yesterday’s post on the power of a shimmery eyeshadow. Beginners at makeup might shy away from it, thinking it’d look too strong, but a soft wash of a “complex shade” – something that has dimension, whether a duochrome, a shimmer, a pearl – instantly mades you look made up, and without any effort too.
Today’s look was completed with just the one brush. I used the MAC 187SE (got the short handed version from the 2012 MAC Tartan Tale collection). I own the smaller stippling brush too, but I prefer a large one for the cheeks, it diffuses out the colour better.
Speaking of cheeks, it’s been a while since I’ve used a cool-toned pink blush. Today I used MAC Dainty, the very first blush I owned, and that I haven’t touched for in years. I usually avoid the cooler-toned cheek colours because I feel they look less natural on the skin, but I forgot how well they suited me.
1) Using my clean ring finger, I patted MAC Electra (grey-blue silver) all over the lid of my eye
2) I used Urban Decay Zero, a creamy black pencil liner to line the upper and lower lashline
3) I used Maybelline Rocket Mascara on both the upper and lower lashlines for amazingly long lashes
4) I took MAC Feline, a white kohl liner and applied it to the inner third of the eye then smudged it out
1) I used Laneige BB Cushion on the face
2) I used The Body Shop Concealer Stick on the remaining red spots
3) I then used MAC Dainty, a pretty pink blush with gold pearls and swept it along my cheeks
4) I then used Benefit Rockateur, a rose gold blush to contour
1) I used Revlon Elusive Matte Lip Balm, a matte medium cool-toned pink, blotted the colour and then
2) I applied Bobbi Brown Raspberry Pot Rogue, a beautiful deep rosy lip colour on top and blotted it. I love the end result, a cool rosy colour that’s not too red or too pink.
Oh dear… Time to start colour correcting the dark circles under the eyes. This is what deadlines do to you.
– – –