All fear my dead wide-eyedness
Was going to go with a neutral eye today, but it took a slightly plummier undertone when I pulled out Urban Decay Naked 3. Most people think of Naked 3 as the go-to palette for rose-gold shades, but the darker colours are mostly browns with a plum undertone, which always adds an interesting mix to your makeup.
Haul from Hong Kong includes Laniege’s famous Water Sleeping Pack, Laneige Trouble Spot Gel Cream, and Laneige Trouble Relief Cream. It also came with a bunch of samples. I’ve been reading up about Korean skincare regimes and how rigorous and effective they are, even for calming hormonal acne.
Happy Skin’s ZZ Cream Foundation was a belated birthday gift from a friend, something I’ve been looking forward to for a really long time. It’s a foundation that has salicylic acid in it so it treats pimples as you wear it. Also it goes on wonderfully on the skin.
After all the treatment my acne is actually clearing up! I was hoping to buy another Clinique Cheek Pop at the Hong Kong airport with my leftover currency, but they unfortunately did not carry it. I saw the Benefit Sugarlicious kit and picked that up instead.
Benefit Sugarlicious comes with Benetint, High Beam, Sugarbomb blush and a matching Sugarbomb Ultra Plush lipgloss. I made use of all the products in today’s makeup.
I feel like it’s time I started writing makeup reviews again. D= I have a whole bunch of things backlogged, but can never be bothered to finish writing. Will probably start working on those when I become a hermit again and study constantly in my room so won’t be able to do makeup looks then.
Here’s a closeup of the eyeshadow. Don’t you love the dusky mauvey tones?
1) I applied UD Suspect from the Naked 2 palette all over the lid
2) I next applied UD Liar on the outer third of the lid
3) I applied UD Factory in the crease
4) I applied UD Dust on the inner third of the eye
5) I applied UD Darkside on the upper lashline, lining the eye
6) I used the Painted Earth SuperCurl mascara on the upper lashes
7) I darkened my brows with Soap & Glory Thick and Fast Mascara
1) I used the Happy Skin ZZ Cream foundation on the face
2) I applied Benefit Sugarbomb blush on the cheeks
3) I used Benefit High Beam on the cheekbones
4) I dusted Hourglass Diffused Ambient Lighting Powder to set my makeup and give a lit-from-within glow
1) I used Benefit Benetint on the lips
2) I applied Benefit Sugarbomb lipgloss on top for a mauvey glossy colour
Ta daa! I did this look for a presentation (which went well, I think). It’s fairly clean and natural, but has some visual impact. what kind of makeup do you wear for presentations?
– – –