Yesterday’s makeup inspiration was actually this, a look that has soft washed out browns and basically looks a little like a daytime smoky eye and is very very pretty.
I stayed up all night doing a paper, and when dawn came I had an early morning class and for some reason thought it would be a good idea to do some complex makeup look that I’ve never tried before. With tired shaky hands that are unable to define my brows delicately, and eyes that are somehow too screwed up to differentiate between colours.
So no washed out romantic brown look. I instead got very strong brown look, with very very black brows, and very clumpy eyelashes. At least I didn’t overdo my blush or my lips. My eyelashes do look quite amazing in the photo above though.
But seriously, if you look at the Byrdie article and the makeup products they recommend, you can see with the Paul & Joe Beauté Eye Color Trio in Le Film makeup palette. It’s not the same colour I see on the model’s eyes. I mean, that palette is purple. Not brown.
I’m going to try doing this again, because the look really is pretty and I want to get it right.
But first, how I got this look. Eyeshadows used were from the Painted Earth Complete Face Palette in Bronze, the middle brown shade and the darkest brown shade.
I used the Laneige BB Cushion on the face today, and I think I might switch it up to a loose powder the next time I try this, the dewy glowy white look just doesn’t work with this makeup, I want more velvety skin next time.
1) I applied the first medium brown eyeshadow on the lid of the eye
2) I then applied the darker brown eyeshadow in the crease
3) I used the Painted Earth Brown Spark Glitter Pencil on the lower lashline
4) I used the L’Oreal Super Liner Carbon Gloss liquid liner on the upper lashline (another mistake, should have used pencil or even gel for a less harsh effect)
5) I then used two types of mascaras, the Maybelline Rocket Mascara and Benefit They’re Real! mascara. The former was for the incredible lengthening effect it gives, the latter for curl and volume. It just turned out a hot clumpy mess.
1) I used the Laneige BB Cushion all over the face to brighten up the face (in retrospect, this wasn’t that bad a mistake since I wanted to hide how sallow my face looked after not sleeping. But the glowy white effect just doesn’t fit this look.)
2) I then used The Body Shop Concealer Stick on the undereye area to conceal the dark circles
3) I used the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin for a touch of colour
1) I used Bobbi Brown Nude Rose lipstick as an MLBB colour – just a touch to reduce the ruddiness of my lips and give a browner tone
Yeah, will definitely be making another attempt at this look. Also hope to do more reviews and tutorials in the upcoming weeks!
– – –