Today’s makeup is inspired by this photo I saw on Instagram, and decided to pull out my MAC Aqualine Liquid Last Liner, a discontinued water resistant liquid liner that could have been developed for synchronized swimmers. This stuff doesn’t come off.
The look is a fairly basic subtle smoky eye, with the teal colour along the lower lashline. Of course, the amazing blue hair and high arch of the eyebrow really adds to the drama of the look, both of which I don’t have.
1) Eyeshadows were taken from the Laura Mercier Artist’s Palette for Eyes 2013. I first applied Laura Mercier Bamboo, a taupe grey all over the lid of the eye
2) I next applied Laura Mercier Expresso Bean, a powdery grey black colour in the eye socket
3) I used MAC Aqualine Liquid Last Liner on the lower lashline, flicking it upwards on the end to create a cat eye
4) I used Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Liner on the upper lashline
5) I used Benefit They’re Real mascara on the upper and lower lashes for amazing curl and volume
1) I used Happy Skin ZZ Cream Foundation to get a smooth dewy base
2) I used Benefit Rockateur (rose gold blush) to contour my cheeks
3) I then applied NARS Oasis (plum blush with gold sheen) on the apples of my cheeks
4) I dusted Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Lighting Powder all over my face to set my makeup and get an additional sheen
1) I used MAC Viva Glam I lipstick, a deep matte red with slight cool brown undertones on the lips
2) I then used a thin layer of OCC Starling, a brick-red brown on top to get the final lip colour
– – –