Hello! It’s been a while since my last update.
Been a busy time, but I was updating my Instagram and Facebook pages semi-regularly. I hope to do a ‘Favourites of 2014’ post by the end of the week, and continue posting at least three times a week. I hope to have more reviews up soon too!
I’ve just settled back into my dorm, and today was the first day of school. I’m actually really excited about the classes I’ll be doing this semester.
A casualty of the moving back process. I cannot express how sad I am. Like I know it can be fixed by pouring a bit of alcohol in it but a lot of the dark brown eyeshadow fell out.
Today’s makeup was to match the gorgeous blue dress from AFORARCADE. I knew I wanted red lips, and was stumped for a little bit on what to do for the eyes. Yes, it would be easy to slick on some black liquid liner, but that’s just too easy, you know?
I went for a golden peach kind of eye, which took three different shades of peach gold eyeshadows, then lined it with a dark eyeshadow.
1) I used MAC Rubensque Paint Pot, a golden cream eyeshadow with peach undertones and applied it on the lids as a base
2) I then used the pinky peach colour on the Sleek Sunset Palette and applied that on top of Rubensque
3) I then used bareMinerals Smash Hit from The Next Big Thing palette
4) From the Naked 3 palette, I then applied Urban Decay Dust, a shimmery pinky shade on the inner third of the eye
5) I applied Urban Blackheart, a blackened purple with purple microshimmer to the upper lashline and outer third of the eye as a liner
6) I used the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara to get an incredible length on my lashes
1) I used the Laneige BB Cushion to get an even glowing base
2) I then used MAC Ripe for Love blush on the cheeks, a satin orange coral colour
3) I dusted my whole face with Hourglass Mood Light Ambient Lighting Powder, a pinky lavender shade
1) I used MAC Kanga Rouge on the lips, a bright blue-red lipstick
What kind of makeup do you reach out for when you want to appear elegant? Leave your answer in the comments!
Artistically out of focus.