Went out with friends to watch ‘Into the Woods’. We’d watched the play seven years ago, when it was performed by LASALLE’S musical theatre department, and it was so, so good. The movie was brilliant in its own way. Meryl Streep was wonderful, and the costumes were absolutely stunning.
I was initially aiming to do my makeup the way Red from Once Upon a Time has her makeup (clean face with the most incredible lashes), but I screwed up my falsies, and I couldn’t get my eyeliner even. I gave up on that, smudged it out and added a red eyeshadow in the crease. I ended up looking like I’d stepped out of a different Gothic version of a fairytale, but that’s okay. It’s kinda fitting anyway, hee. I do wish the smoky eye was a little cleaner though, I hate how muddy everything ended up looking. =(
1) I lined my eyes with Estee Lauder Pure Colour Intense Kajal Eyeliner in Black. This was all gross and uneven.
2) I lined my eyes with Urban Decay Blackout (matte black eyeshadow) and the smudged it out with a pencil brush.
3) I used Urban Decay Busted (golden brown eyeshadow with some reddish tones) on the lids and blended it with the black eyeshadow
4) I used MAC Cranberry (cranberry red eyeshadow) and applied this to my crease to get the pop of red
5) I used Urban Decay Perversion mascara on my upper and lower lashes
6) I used the NYX Brow Pencil in black and filled in my eyebrows
1) I used the Laneige BB Cushion all over the face
2) I also dusted some Jane Iredale Loose Powder for extra coverage
3) I then applied MAC Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skin Finish (champagne shimmer) on the tops of my cheeks
4) I used the contour colour from the Urban Decay Naked on the Run palette to contour my cheeks lightly
1) I used Revlon Creme Brûlée Lip Butter (pale nude) to get rid of the ruddiness of my lips
2) I then applied Urban Decay Naked Lipgloss in Sesso (sheer pink plum) on the middle of my lips for a touch of colour and gloss
I really love how heavy eyeliner looks in black and white photos.
Also, I stopped by innisfree to replenish skincare supplies. I’m running low on eye cream and moisturizer, and needed a new shampoo and conditioner. Ended up buying SGD130 worth of items (and one extra unintended face cream I had forgotten to put back on the shelf D=) but THERE IS SUCH JOY LOOKING AT THESE ITEMS.
Also I love how innisfree (and Korean skincare brands in general) love to give you free samples. They’re usually in fairly decent packages and are so handy for traveling. I got a tangerine perfumed body travel kit and a persimmon skincare kit (with toner, cream and essence) for free. I’m so happy, I’ve yet to incorporate an essence in my skincare regime so I’m interested to see what this will do for my skin.
There’s also a bit more satisfaction in buying nice skincare than there is in buying makeup, I feel. I do use my skincare, every day. Saturdays have become something of a spa day for me, where I’ll use a clay mask, followed by a sheet mask, and my skin just feels wonderful after. I’m looking forward to trying the strawberry sheet mask soon!
What did you do over the weekend? Share in the comments!
– – –