For one of my classes in school, I had to watch the Bollywood movie ‘PK‘ and write a movie review about it. It’s a pretty decent film, I recommend everyone checks it out.
Anyway, the lead actress for the film is Anshuka Sharma, who plays a reporter named Jaggu. And she has the most amazing makeup and wardrobe.
Screenshot from film.
There’s a behind-the-scenes video of her costume and makeup on YouTube. I love her wardrobe, which has hipster vibes but it’s quite subtly so. Also I like that the heroine is short haired, and isn’t a traditional long haired beauty.
And her makeup. Like I know movies have post processing and filters and stuff, but she looks so radiant throughout the film. I just had to try her makeup. (Also I think I pulled off a fairly decent interpretation of her outfit, but argh, still shy about doing OOTDs).
So the primary thing I was trying to recreate in my makeup was the glowing skin. I mixed a highlighter in my foundation and used a cream blush to get that dewy radiant complexion, and I think I nailed it. ^^ I was a little worried about my eyeliner at one point, that it was going to look more gothic than anything (you can see how she’s wearing quite a bit of eyeliner and you know what happens to my eyes whenever I try to do that look.
I also liked her pale lips, which only highlight the luminosity of her skin. This is tough for me to replicate though, because my lips are pretty red. I can never get a pale pink beige, even MAC Mehr pulls more pink than pink-brown on me. I patted a little foundation on my lips to white them out then, and then used Happy Skin’s Summer Fling Lippie, a bright coral pink shade. I layered it less than I usually did but it’s such a lovely pigmented shade that this was sufficent.
I really love how cream blushes always look so soft and dewy.
1) I used Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Eyeliner (matte dark black pencil) to line my eyes
2) I curled my lashes and used Urban Decay Perversion mascara on my lashes
1) I mixed Benefit High Beam (pearly pink liquid highlighter) with Happy Skin ZZ Cream Foundation and then used my fingers to get the foundation on my face
2) I used Maybelline Peach Satin Dream Bouncy Blush (pink coral cream) to get a glowy colour on my cheeks
3) I dusted Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light (pale pink powder) to get some more colour on my skin (it was starting to look a little too pale at this point, I love this powder for breathing life back into the skin)
1) I used just the one layer of Happy Skin Shut Up and Kiss Me Lippie in Summer Fling (pinky coral cream) to get a pale bright pink shade
Also I’m stating to realise just how severe my eye bags are, despite getting a reasonable amount of sleep each night. It’s more than just the dark circles, it’s how puffy the under eye area is. So if you have any concealers to recommend (I’m leaning towards the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer, another thing to add to the wishlist D=) If you have any methods to getting rid of undereye darkness or puffiness, please share them in the comments!
Have a good week everyone. =)
– – –