Today was one of the days where photographs just didn’t turn out very well. Hair is frizzy and most photos are blurry so the ones I picked out that were clear have bizarre facial expressions.
Key word being ‘attempted’. I don’t know what it is about my lips, they’re naturally a rosy red colour, which means that any red-orange lipstick tends to pull more red than orange on me. =( Do you face the same problem?
So I always attempt to go for more yell0w-based rather than red-based oranges in a (usually futile) attempt to get a glistening orange shade on my lips. More often than not, it doesn’t work. I guess the obvious solution is to place foundation or concealer on my lips to get rid of the redness of my lips, but I have this bizarre thing about not liking to do that. I don’t know, I’m okay with piling lipstick on but the thought of consuming my foundation freaks me out.
So here I kept layering lip colour after lip colour but it didn’t work. =( I guess it’s an okay colour though not the one I initially wanted.
Lips (I started with lips first)
1) I used Maybelline Electric Orange (yellow-orange lipstick) first. It pulled red.
2) I then used OCC Androgyne (yellow-orange lip glossy lip tar) on top. It looked good, but after I blotted my lips, it pulled red again.
3) I mixed OCC Triptych in (metallic jewellery gold) to lighten everything. It does, but you still see the redness underneath)
1) I used the Laneige BB Cushion as my base
2) For my cheeks, I used Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Lip and Cheek Cream Colour in Illusion, a beautiful peachy shade with subtle gold shimmer. The gold gives my cheeks a lovely glow, without having to add on a highlighter to it.
1) Really simple today, just Tarte lights, camera, lashes mascara on my lashes.
– – –