This look is inspired by Michelle Phan’s Autumn Ombre makeup tutorial. I know it’s not autumn, but I rarely ever use pink or blue eyeshadows and they look so pretty here. I did more highlighting and used a blush in order to soften the look and make it look less gothic and severe so it ends up looking more spring worthy.
Also I’m in love with cream contour shades now. I find them so much easier to blend than the standard powder, and they look so natural. Here I’m using Ellana Minerals Lip and Cheek Cream in Diva. I just drew a stroke down the hollows of my cheeks with a finger, and went on to blend that out.
So I meant to use a lipgloss for this look (specifically Revlon’s Colorburst Lip Gloss in Rose Gold) but I forgot to before I started taking the photos and writing up this post. Oops. The important part to the look is the eyes anyway. Feel free to imagine me with glossy lips if it still looks too incomplete for your liking.
1) I applied bareMinerals Smash Hit (matte peach pink) all over the lid
2) I then applied NYX Pinched blush (peach pink shade, with a little shimmer) on the middle of the lid for the shimmer
3) I used the matte navy shade from the NYX Smokey Eye Palette, applied it to the outer V of the eye with a pencil brush and blended it out
4) I used MAC Dazzlelight (pearly yellow white) on the inner corners of my eye, both to highlight and to soften the look, try to get it looking less gothic
5) I used the Estee Lauder Black Kajal to line my upper lashline
6) I then used the tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara on my upper lashline
1) I used Happy Skin ZZ Cream Foundation as my base
2) I applied Tarte Blushing Bride Cheek Stain (warm pink) on the apples of my cheeks for subtle colour. Again, trying to give some rosiness to the look so it looks less gothic and severe
3) I used the Ellana Cream Lip and Cheek Colour in Diva, a bronzed colour to contour my cheeks
1) I used the Jordona Easy Liner for Lips in Tawny. This is an MLBB colour for me, maybe slightly browner than my natural lips, which is great anyway since I wanted to take away from the rosiness of it.
– – –