Today’s one of those days where I had no idea what my makeup was going to look like before I put it on. I had actually woken up late, and was intending to just slick on some eyeliner, and a little lip balm. Somehow spotted the gold eyeshadow (I had used my bareMinerals The Next Big Thing palette yesterday for that peachy shade on the lids) and applied that on the lids. I knew I wanted a matte eyeshadow in the ‘V’ of the eye, and pulled out my Naked 3 Palette. And because I can never only have just two eyeshadows on my lid, pulled out a third eyeshadow as a highlight colour. Then when I was lining my eyes with a double ended pencil, I decided to use the end I wasn’t using (the blue one) on the lower lashline.
So yeah. I ended up like this. I really love the colour combination too.
What do you do when you aren’t sure what kind of makeup you’d use? Leave it in the comments! I usually look at runway photos or editorials for inspiration.
1) I applied bareMinerals Hoopla (golden bronze) on the lid of the eye
2) I then applied Urban Decay Nooner (matte mauve brown) on the outer ‘V’ of the eye
3) I then used Urban Decay Burnout (pink shimmer) on the inner third of the eye
4) I then used the Estee Lauder Pure Colour Intense Kajal Eyeliner in Black to line the upper lashline
5) I lined my lower lashline and waterline with Estee Lauder Pure Colour Intense Kajal Eyeliner in Teal (matte light blue really)
6) I used the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara on the upper lashlines
1) I used the Laneige BB Cushion for my face
2) I used the Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Cream and Lip Colour in Illusion (peach with gold shimmer) on my cheeks
3) I then used the Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Cream and Lip Colour in Diva (bronze shimmer) as a contour colour
1) I used Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter (red tint) to prep my lips
2) I used MAC ‘O’ (sheer plum with gold sheen) on top
– – –