Today’s makeup is inspired by the upcoming live action remake of Cinderella. I know MAC has released a (rather disappointing) collection for this, in shades of all sorts of pastels and nudes that didn’t even really replicate how Lily James looks like in the promotional pictures. Here’s my take on it.
You will not believe the number of wallpapers and pictures I had to go through to figure out this one. It doesn’t help that for most of the trailer, she doesn’t look like she’s wearing any eye makeup at all (which I guess, is kind of the point). If you look at high resolutions of the above photo though, you can see she has a kind of shimmery gold eye, a bit of eyeliner, a rosy cheek and quite a lot of blush. I was going to use Urban Decay Half-Baked for the lid colour as first, then realised that gold was waaaay too pigmented and shimmery. I picked MAC Rubensque after, because it’s a sheer cream colour that can be slowly built up until you get the right shade.
And the brows, of curse, have to be very strong for this look.
Palette used is the Laura Mercier Artist’s Palette for Eyes 2013 Holiday Palette
1) Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Loose Mineral Fondation in Cafe Breve
2) MAC Born to Love (blush)
3) MAC Soft & Gentle (highlight)
1) MAC Fluidline in Dipdown
2) Australis Tint Your Brows Brow Tint in Dark Brown
1) MAC Rubenesque (all over lid)
2) Laura Mercier Guava (middle of lid)
3) Laura Mercier Fresco (outer V of eye)
4) Laura Mercier Bamboo (crease)
5) MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
6) Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara
– – –