Complete with flower headband and all.
Frankly I’m not really sure what a bohemian inspired makeup look is. I mean, the hair is easy – soft long romantic waves, casually pinned up a little or just worn loose, sometimes with a flower crown thrown in. Clothes are loose and flowy in soft browns, creams and pastels. But the makeup ranges from almost nothing, to smoky brown eyes to strongly flushed cheeks. Foundation can be dewy or matte. I’ve seen mint eyeshadow pinned as ‘Bohemian Makeup’ on Pintrest too.
I just felt like doing something Bohemian inspired today. So I don’t have soft beachy waves but I tried sea salt in my hair to get a bit more texture. I then decided to go for a day appropriate smoky eye with beige brown blush and a rose brown lipstick, keeping everything grounded and earthy with brown tones, but with enough colour so that it didn’t look monochromatic or 90s inspired.
Was going to use the Laura Mercier Artist’s Palette for Eyes 2013 Holiday Edition, but decided not to since I’ve used that one for the last few looks. UD Naked 2 wouldn’t do either, nor would the UD Theodora palette. Since I didn’t seem to want brown neutrals, I went with pinks.
1) Urban Decay Nooner (lid and lower lashline)
2) Urban Decay Factory (upper lashline)
3)Estee Lauder Pure Colour Intense Kajal Eyeliner in Black (thin line on upper lashline)
4) Urban Decay Perversion mascara
1) Happy Skin ZZ Cream Foundation
2) MAC Warm Soul (cheeks)
3) Benefit High Beam (highlight cheekbones)
4) Ellana Mineral Cosmetics Lip and Cheek Cream in Diva (contour)
5) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light (all over face)
1) MAC Dipdown
1) Revlon Pink Truffle Lip Butter
What kind of makeup do you envision when you hear bohemian? Leave suggestions and links in the comments! =)
– – –